Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just put a new battery on my 2009 Monster 696. It sat on the bench charging on a Battery Tender for a couple of days and everything seemed fine. At first the red light came on and then when it was charged the green light lit up. So far so good.
I then fit the battery to the bike (what a stupid job!). And the bike started right up, everything seemed good. Being a smart kinda guy I thought I'd hook up the Battery Tender again. Now I get a red flashing light!

Is this because the battery is connected to the rest of the electrical system? Is is actually charging when the red light is flashing? Is this doing any harm to the new battery?

Any thought or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Ian

·
Super Moderator
3,590 Posts
If it is flashing, my tender says that you have the positive/negative connections reversed for the charger.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Battery tender

Turns out it was a blown fuse in the Pig-tail to the battery tender. All seems to be well now.
Ian

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
2009 m696

Isn't that great fun accessing the battery. And then searching the garage for all the little screws and clips and spacers that fell down. And then figuring where they all belong.

When I am bored I do this just for recreation.

Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts