Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy.

I was thinking of some new bars to get a bit more upright...more like the Tuono...on my M1000. One additional benefit would be if I could get enough rise, I could avoid that "drop it and ding the tank" problem.

What's the rise height on stock? It appears to be about 2".... Does anyone know what the max rise would be before I'd need to change the controls/cables? I think I heard 3.5" someplace?

If someone who has done this could just ref me to a set of bars someplace, that would be great!

Thanks,

--Riser--

·
Registered
735 Posts
I am not sure about cable length allowance but if you could locate an S4/ST4/ST2 top clamp and stock bars, that should get you up a bit higher.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Stock rise is 1.5". A 3.5" rise bar can be used without changing hoses, but you have to re-route fast idle cable. I have a 5.5" rise on the 620, but the forks are up in the clamps a lot more, and I cut 2" off each bar end. Not recommended without changing hoses.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So...

would swapping out the 1.5" rise to 3.5" avoid the tank ding problem if it ever tips over? That's a major benefit of fitting higher rise bars and I'll even go higher and relocate stuff if that's what it takes to avoid that prob.

Thanks--

1 - 5 of 5 Posts