Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I a'm changing the bar's on my monster and have run into a little problem . The bar's are a little wider and the wires and cable's are to short to fit the cluster's on the bar's without having them stop the stearing when I'm trying to turn the opposet direction. I have looked and think I can get enough length out of the wire's but I was wondering can I get longer throttle cable and enrichment cable.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Re: new bar's cables not long enough any suggestio

Often you can reroute those cables to get a little more distance on them. Check out where they go to see if there are other paths that would give you a more direct route.

[And do something about the apostrophe key (') on your keyboard. It keeps putting them in where they don't belong. ;)]

·
Registered
100 Posts

I changed my bars out and tried the reroute, but was unhappy with the look. So to keep the original routing I extended the Enrichment cable housing. It

T

·
0 Posts

I put cyclecats on mine and had a hell of a time figuring out how to run the cables. I have posted some pics at my yahoo album. Check them out.

http://photos.yahoo.com/tomespo214

hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts

I re-routed throttle and fast idle cables and I cut 1 inch off each end of the bars. I like em that way for lane splitting, anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts