Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Arrow full system (CF) is finally on the bike as well as the FBF airbox conversion kit and a PCIII--- Of course the dyno was down, so no "before" dyno run. I'm using the FBF map for their full system until I can get the bike dynoed and remapped next week. Seems to a good map, although I hear a pop every now and then. The Arrows are LOUD- - they drone a bit below 5500 rpms, but have a nice tuned sound above that. They are a bit too loud for my old ears even with ear plugs, but I'll just have to adjust. They look great with the CF wheels. I have a few CF parts to put on (hugger and radiator cover) today or tommorrow and then I'll take a pic.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
did you take the baffles out? i've got the Ti arrow
system .... i wimped out and left the baffles in. it
still has a nice deep tone, but it doesn't attract the fuzz
and i can still hear after an hour on the bike.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you take the baffles out? i've got the Ti arrow
system .... i wimped out and left the baffles in. it
still has a nice deep tone, but it doesn't attract the fuzz
and i can still hear after an hour on the bike.
Mine did not come with the baffles---but I'm going to try and get some !
Liter--if you're reading, did yours come with the baffles ? The web site pdf sure shows them.

Also--pics are coming-- I was going to wait until I could get the girl across the street to pose on the bike with something skimpy on, but I guess I'll just have to do that later (seriously :D)

G

·
......am i reading this....geez, of course ;)

...and NO, mine did not come with baffles. There is a nice little phrase across the rear cone section that says "Race System Only" on mine and I am sure its the same on yours as well.

They are loud as hell and I have no idea where to get baffles. I have adjusted after ordering a 200+ box of -33dB soft earplugs off of Ebay ;D

Its all good....the funny thing is that you can still hear the rattle of the dry clutch with the pipes....Its a wonderful song being sung by my monster :D

CONGRATS!!! AND I WANT PICTURES!!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
My Arrow full system (CF) is finally on the bike as well as the FBF airbox conversion kit and a PCIII--- Of course the dyno was down, so no "before" dyno run. I'm using the FBF map for their full system until I can get the bike dynoed and remapped next week. Seems to a good map, although

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just checked with the Arrow Distributor--It looks like the Ti cans come with or without the baffles, but the carbys he's seen only come un baffled.

I'll certainly provide the dyno results and the map if anyone is interested. Something I've wondered about--- If I understand things correctly, the O2 sensor on the FI system compensates for atmospheric pressure, so that a given map should work the same way at any elevation. However, since I'm at one mile elevation, will my horsepower be less than the same bike at sea level ?

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Probably, due to the thinness of the air at elevation... Even worse when it's real hot out (even less dense air).

Sea-level cold air is best...

Unless you have some 3-in-1 Oil, and some gauze pads then you could get after that 7th Fetzer valve....

(sorry, just couldn't resist the Fletch movie line after seeing your signature)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
on the end cap of the Ti cans there's a circlip which
holds the baffles in place. trivially easy to install / remove.
i've never had them out 'cause paul at GP told me they
are hellish loud that way.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Probably, due to the thinness of the air at elevation... Even worse when it's real hot out (even less dense air).

Sea-level cold air is best...

Unless you have some 3-in-1 Oil, and some gauze pads then you could get after that 7th Fetzer valve....

(sorry, just couldn't resist the Fletch movie line after seeing your signature)
hehehe--I've got to see that movie again --its been a long time.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mine did not come with the baffles---but I'm going to try and get some !
Liter--if you're reading, did yours come with the baffles ? The web site pdf sure shows them.

Also--pics are coming-- I was going to wait until I could get the girl across the street to pose on the bike with something skimpy on, but I guess I'll just have to do that later

Only the Titanium ones have baffles, i believe the carbon will not take the extra strain internally that the baffle gives it.
My baffles are getting shorter by the day!!I`m tunning them to my ears, keep taking them out and hacksawing half an inch at a time off them,there toooo quite with the baffles in and tooooo noisy with them out, i think i have got the balance right now-1

·
Registered
270 Posts
Gday, I just installed the full arrow system on my new bike as well (blue S4R). I havent had the privlage of riding mine yet as the compliance plate says "04\04". so my dealer cant regester it until th 1st of april!!!! so my new bike with my new exaust is sitting in Ducati Penrith for every one to blow a load over!
shuold i need a new computer & air box for mine or do they run well with standard gear?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Gday, I just installed the full arrow system on my new bike as well (blue S4R). I havent had the privlage of riding mine yet as the compliance plate says "04\04". so my dealer cant regester it until th 1st of april!!!! so my new bike with my new exaust is sitting in Ducati Penrith for every one to blow a load over!
shuold i need a new computer & air box for mine or do they run well with standard gear?
Arrow say you only need a pc/ecu if you alter the filter/airbox

G

·
I have stock airbox config on mine and the Arrows run strong with no backfires, pops, or any problems what so ever. The note is very loud and the pipes seem to perform flawlessly. I am sorry to hear you can't ride till April.....That is a really weird system?

Liter

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had an interesting occurance with my arrow full system this morning

I admit my bike has been sitting for over a week-work has been driving me mad and working mid shift(16 hour days).

Anyway i go to start it this morning and of course it is being difficult to turn over. I roll the throttle once and hit the start button I get a nice backfire and flame about 4 to 6 inches out of one of the pipes

Then the next button hit the bike starts right up.

Also anyone in the so cal area Im thinkin of selling my V-11 sport for cheap.

G

·
Anyway i go to start it this morning and of course it is being difficult to turn over. I roll the throttle once and hit the start button I get a nice backfire and flame about 4 to 6 inches out of one of the pipes.
Yet my experience is absurd. At least this is what I saw about my little fire.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts