Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much dreaming/drooling over the thought of CF Arrow exhaust on my 2008 S2r 1k, I was graced with a tremendously fortunate opportunity from out of nowhere, and I'M FINALLY GETTING THEM!

The previous owner is very VERY knowledgeable in the ways of the Duc, and he will be giving me the rundown with what I should do with my airbox. He mentioned possibly just bolting on the pipes and running it for a while then taking a look at my sparkplugs. And what would I be looking for? Cooked fuel residue?

Anyone that runs a slipon system with the stock ECU, please let me know what I might have to do with the airbox, and/or whatever other questions I'll have to ask him.

Thanks! So excited

·
Registered
238 Posts
Congrats on your purchase !

I own a set of CF Arrows slip-on on my '02 S4. I haven't done any mod on my air box (but I kind of regret it now) and still have the OEM ECU.

I've added a Power Commander though. I installed everything and brought the bike to a garage and putted it on a dyno. Adjusted the map in the Power Commander and then free to go !

My regret is that I should have modded my air box at the same time. If I open it now, I'll have to get the bike back on the dyno and re-map the PC all over, what I don't want to go through again because the shop is too far from where I live.

So my advice would be; do all the mods you want to (ECU-Airbox, Slip-ons, Power Commander, ...) and then get the bike in the hands of professional that will tune it up so that you'll be able extract every HP that you can (at any given RPM) with your new parts.

And then ENJOY !

·
Registered
241 Posts
Generally, adding some flow to the bike may lean out the mixture. Most stock ECU's will have enough room for a slip on change but adding more air via the intake may require a fuel adjustment. Once you have run some miles go on the highway and run for a several minutes at a constant 60mph. When safe to do so, pull in the clutch, kill the motor and pull over. Remove the plugs and look at the tips. There are plenty of websites that discuss how to read the plug color. The lighter the plug the leaner the mixture, but again, look for some pics on line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts