Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I had to tell someone about this, the dog just doesn't seem too thrilled. Got my full system for the S4R, got it installed, did the airbox conversion, did the Nichols lightweight flywheel and am now waiting patiently for a PCIII to make it all work perfectly, I had Ferrachi 2nd day air it so it should be here tomorrow. Even not having the PCIII yet it is absolutely a beast, I'm at 5000 ft. here and it's still awesome!

So that brings the total to: Emissions removed, Paulimoto pressure plate and spring retainer, DP Billet lightweight clutch cover, custom Mad Duc reservoir covers, Arrow full system, custom radiator and oil cooler screens, Nichols lightweight flywheel, DML crankshaft cover, billet drain and oil filler plugs, rear fender mod, and other removals to lighten and clean up the overall look. I am having soooo much fun and just had to share with someone! Thanks! :)

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
So post a photo of it on this thread so we can see how it looks.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I know just how you feel. Sounds great eh ? Did you get the CF or Ti ? I got my PCIII at Ferracci also, but it did not come with any map. You cant tell until you hook it up to a computer. I think without a map, the PCIII isn't doing anything ???

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I'm working on the photos, sorry, I've been spending money on the bike and not on cameras. :-/

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I know just how you feel. Sounds great eh ? Did you get the CF or Ti ? I got my PCIII at Ferracci also, but it did not come with any map. You cant tell until you hook it up to a computer. I think without a map, the PCIII isn't doing anything ???
I got the CF. When I ordered the PCIII I told them specifically which map to put in but I'll check it when it gets here.Thanks for the heads up. :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
I could be wrong about the map being missing. I just talked to dynojet and the deal is that you can not see the map that is on the PCIII , unless you allready have a valid map (for your bike) loaded in the software (maybe the 0 map for an s4 ?) . Then you can get the map from the PCIII ans save it if you wish. I had a PCIII for another bike before and forgot how confusing the procedure is. So, probably I do have a map after all...

Sorry if I'm giving you more info than you need, but I accidentally wrote over the map on my previous PCIII in an attempt to save it to my computer. Anyhow I remember the procedure now, so if you have trouble, let me know.

·
Registered
270 Posts
the full system rocks. I cant wait to rev my bike over 6000rpm! the bike must be great when you get to rev it. but even at low rpm, I can tell the difference in torque over the standard pipes on the bike that i test rode.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
its a beaut .... now get rid of those dog-ugly mirrors.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
good stuff! where'd you track down the clutch cover? i heard they're forever backordered and a zillion $$$! a local buddy's looking for one.

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, thanks for the comments.

The clutch cover I found at my local dealer (last one, yes, expensive) as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it though.

I junk the chain guards on all my bikes and have never had a problem with hitting the chain. I just don't like the way they clutter things up. What size feet do you have?

I like the mirrors because I can see out of them! Maybe I'll play with some other options, we'll see.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
I love the S4R's in blue with the Shelby Cobra stripe. I want to buy one just so I can powdercoat the wheels the same blue and paint white stripes on em to match. I am waiting for a wrecked one to come my way.

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I've been riding around with my new exhaust and I must say that it is so loud :eek:
I never thought I'd say that but there it is. It gives me a freakin' headache. I've contacted arrows to see if I can get some different baffles or something to quiet it a bit.
It needs some of that Ducati mellowness back, it just barks too much.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well, I've been riding around with my new exhaust and I must say that it is so loud :eek:
I never thought I'd say that but there it is. It gives me a freakin' headache. I've contacted arrows to see if I can get some different baffles or something to quiet it a bit.
It needs some of that Ducati mellowness back, it just barks too much.
I've had my CF Arrow full system almost a week now and I have gotten used to the loudness. I was kind of worried at first because I dont like load pipes either. I do always wear earplugs and find that if I get them seated well the loudness doesnt bother me. I talked to the arrow distributor and it seems that the best that can be done is to give (sell) you the Ti version that has baffles.

Its kind of gross, but I use those single use roll up earplus for about a week

:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts