Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very strange. I ride my new 696 on a Sunday. No problems. It has about 1200 miles on it now. I put it away in the heated garage, as usual. Tuesday I try to start it. Dead. No lights, no juice at all...just as if there is no battery in her at all.

I call the dealer..says try to charge it first. I put the charger on her...nothing. Still dead. So I call Ducati road service and they call the dealer to come pick it up. I will have the dealer pick up today, I hope.

Any idea what the problem is? I am sure I will find out. I am glad that Ducati will be fixing it under warranty.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wonder if its an ignition problem ( key, cylinder, ect) vs battery. To be stone dead after two days is odd. Especially after charging it. Now heres the question...how did you charge it? Did you hook it up to battery tender leads that the dealer may have installed or did you get to the battery yourself? If it is the battery, I have heard that Battery Tender brand tenders do not recover a dead battery.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK all. The verdict is in on my Duck.

Technician said it was a shorted battery. A defective battery in other words. They picked up the bike today and I will get it back tomorrow. No charge. No pun intended.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Ditto - exact same scenario - rode saturday - dead battery sunday morning - would not accept a charge - defective battery - 2009 696 only 6 months old - replaced no hassle by dealer under warranty

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should check out the CTEK battery charger, it will recharge your dead battery.
And it safe to keep hooked up all winter long.
CTEK does this by using a patented multi-step charging process: 1. Desulphation 2. Bulk 3. Absorption 4. Pulse. Ultimately what this means is that CTEK will efficiently bring the battery up to charge then shut off completely. The charger then monitors the battery and kicks in more charge when needed. This method is proven more efficient than a typical trickle charge.
In addition, CTEK has many built-in safety features that can not only save the battery, but also you and your vehicle. These chargers are splash-proof and weather-proof, so they can be left in the garage or even outside. On top of that, they are impossible to connect incorrectly. The patented technology protects against sparks and keeps your onboard electronics safe even in the presence of a power surge or lightning strike. All of these features make CTEK the most recommended charger in the world. For more information or where to buy, visit www.CTEK.com

·
Registered
663 Posts
You should check out the CTEK battery charger, it will recharge your dead battery.
And it safe to keep hooked up all winter long.
CTEK does this by using a patented multi-step charging process: 1. Desulphation 2. Bulk 3. Absorption 4. Pulse. Ultimately what this means is that CTEK will efficiently bring the battery up to charge then shut off completely. The charger then monitors the battery and kicks in more charge when needed. This method is proven more efficient than a typical trickle charge.
In addition, CTEK has many built-in safety features that can not only save the battery, but also you and your vehicle. These chargers are splash-proof and weather-proof, so they can be left in the garage or even outside. On top of that, they are impossible to connect incorrectly. The patented technology protects against sparks and keeps your onboard electronics safe even in the presence of a power surge or lightning strike. All of these features make CTEK the most recommended charger in the world. For more information or where to buy, visit www.CTEK.com
And, how is this relevant to the discussion? Other than trying to generate sales?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts