Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My new 696 arrived last week. Having great fun with it.

I took some photos I thought I'd share :)

MO

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Cool, congrats for getting the first known 696 on the dml!

What are your impressions? Ride good? Is this your first monster? If not, how is it compared to the older one?

Oh yeah, you got some work to do. I think it'll look better without the huge tail. Looks like tail chop is easy now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers guys! ;D

I live in the UK. South of England. I ordered it quite a few months ago so have been waiting a while. Think I was 2nd on the list at the local dealer. I get the impression that delivery to the US will take a little longer from everyones expected delivery dates. I saw a post from another guy on here in Spain that has his as well. But mines not limited to 32bhp like his! ;)

This is my first monster so can't compare to any other rides. In fact it's my first bike since I was 18, so that's about....(does some counting on fingers)....13years ago.

In my opinion the bike looks very nice in real life. I don't think the previous press release photos I have seen do it justice.

As for the ride, well, it was very nice. Very light and easy to handle. And for myself who is not used to this size engine, it was pretty damn fast. I did scare myself severly when I first rode it. It certainly doesn't like to go slow. In fact at the moment this is one of the troubles I am having with it. But I'm sure I'll get used to what it likes.

The clutch bite point is very far out. I would like it to be closer as my fingers are nearly reaching full extension when it bites. Also the other night the LCD display seemed quite bright and kept catching the corner of my eye. Not sure if I can adjust that or not. I must get round to reading the manual. :)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Thanks for the write-up! Keep us up to date on what you do with this thing... [thumbsup] [clap]

It is nice to see something new sometimes, even if you don't like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts