Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am 35 and live in SE Wisconsin. I always wanted a motorcycle and this year I finally took the plunge. I bought a 1994 Honda CBR600F2 and took the MSF class, got licence, etc. Unfortunately, even though on the Honda I could get my feet down fine, the bike ended up not being that comfortable for me. Throttle was twitchy, too much HP for a beginner (Bike was modified), and I didn't like the crotch rocket ergonomics while riding (Sore neck). So, I started reading about all kinds of bikes to find a better beginner bike for me (Hey, the Honda was inexpensive!). I have always liked Italian products, and the Ducati brand really interested me. So, I ended up going for the 2007 695. I bought from Corse Superbikes in Saukville, WI (The ONLY WI dealer). Those guys were great for customer service. I just got it delivered to my condo today (I didn't want to ride it home 60+ miles in heavy traffic!). Hopped right on and did a quick 10 miles. Felt like an old pair of jeans comfortable. Love the slipper clutch and the light pull on the handle. Exhaust has a great rumble... but you all knew that already, eh? Anyways, got the black color w/ red frame, and had them put the rear seat cover on it as I won't have passengers. I am very happy! This is a great message board and I am looking forward to learning alot here and hopefully meeting some local owners.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Congrats, I think you owe us some pictures and doughnuts now!

·
Banned
519 Posts
Ahh, there is nothing better than the joy of a new bike. [thumbsup]

You wanna hear some rumble....wait until you put on a new exhause. And I know you will. You will!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great. Just got my new 695 after a long "dry spell" away from motorcycling. I picked it up from the shop a few hours ago with some new CF high mounts, open airbox, ECU, new air filter, frame sliders....

Sounds like sex on wheels.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
furbo said:
Great. Just got my new 695 after a long "dry spell" away from motorcycling. I picked it up from the shop a few hours ago with some new CF high mounts, open airbox, ECU, new air filter, frame sliders....

Sounds like sex on wheels.
New thread with pics, donuts and no more lies...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im having touble getting the pics to post. Anyway if this works....

This is the bike the day I rode it home. No pipes or other mods on it yet. I will try to take some pics this weekend of the sliders and pipes.

by the way.....any ideas for new RV mirrors? Im not diggin the stock ones.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
furbo said:
Im having touble getting the pics to post. Anyway if this works....

This is the bike the day I rode it home. No pipes or other mods on it yet. I will try to take some pics this weekend of the sliders and pipes.

by the way.....any ideas for new RV mirrors? Im not diggin the stock ones.
Check out Rizoma.com and PjsParts.com there are a bunch of places to look. Do a coupel of searches here on the board and you will find plenty of photos and opinions. I was deadset against barends and I just did not like them, but after riding a new Sport Classic last weekend I want to see some similar on a monster in person. Be open and take your time deciding I guess is the point.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.