Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'M selling a 2003 Ducati 999 brand new never registered in showroom perfect condition. It has 800 miles on it and I went ahead and had Tom Hull do the 600 mile service. Look at the pictures its parked in a temperature controlled garage and has many extras, call if your interested and I can tell you more about this one of a kind Ducati 999, hurry I listed the other one on cycle trader and it sold in 2 days. You can reach me at 602-725-3557, the original MSRP was $17,999.00 and I'm selling it for $10,999.00 everything included or best offer. thanks for looking....tom beck

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this bike has never been raced the original tires and chicken stripes still on it. I work for a law firm in phoenix arizona....Phillips and Assoc. Once in a while the bankruptcy department receives notification of sales. This bike was from a dealer in Flint Michigan that lost its Ducati rights when they filed for BK11 rights. The trustee put the bikes up for sale after all the red tape and hearing of creditors it took till Sept 2006. I bought 2 of them still in the original crates, I was going to wait till spring and sell both but my friend took the yellow right away. I'm 40 years old and ready to start riding cruisers so I'm selling it now instead of waiting till spring. Feel free to call if you have other questions 602 725 3557

·
Registered
286 Posts
so you bought the bikes at wholesale..

it is not uncommon for the demos to be tracked on the closed days........

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i put the miles on it, I try to take it out a couple times a month especially as the weather gets cooler and ride it to keep everything lubercated and the oil flowing. I put in a brand new OEM battery but other then that I did change ALL fluids at the 600 mile point and have the receipts.

·
Registered
625 Posts
BECK said:
i put the miles on it, I try to take it out a couple times a month especially as the weather gets cooler and ride it to keep everything lubercated and the oil flowing. I put in a brand new OEM battery but other then that I did change ALL fluids at the 600 mile point and have the receipts.
600 mile service isn't just fluid changes, did you also check head torque and belt tension? bunch of other stuff as well

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Came out of the crate all stickered up with the aftermarket windshield on it?
800 miles and never registered it?
So, If it is not registered, you do not have it titled in any state? Do you have the MSO?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the full 600 mile service was done, boy genius if its not registered its not titled, of course I have the original certificate from ducati, the odometer disclosure, all the manuals and spare keys, I work for a law firm, and I added the windscreen and the stickers are from the Xerox racing bike there boy wonder. If you want I can give you a play by play on how they loaded it onto a really big truck and sent it down here. I'm going to go out on limb here you don't have the money to buy this bike and these questions are just your way of passing time. Step aside cape crusader and let someone ask an intelligent question and give the board a rest...da da da dah

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
F.Y.I. if you look up the Arizona monster club chapter here you will see the bike posted and 2 of the members can vouch that the bike is perfect, both are titanium members and I have ridden with them both on a couple of local rides....hey last guy who just took a beating don't take it personally

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
BECK said:
the full 600 mile service was done, boy genius if its not registered its not titled, of course I have the original certificate from ducati, the odometer disclosure, all the manuals and spare keys, I work for a law firm, and I added the windscreen and the stickers are from the Xerox racing bike there boy wonder. If you want I can give you a play by play on how they loaded it onto a really big truck and sent it down here. I'm going to go out on limb here you don't have the money to buy this bike and these questions are just your way of passing time. Step aside cape crusader and let someone ask an intelligent question and give the board a rest...da da da dah
Wow!!! what a goof.. Why so mad? You almost forgot to mention you worked for a law firm...
[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [clap]

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
So, just some friendly advice,
advertising a brand new used never been registered bike with low miles is going to beg a few questions...
responding to those questions by making fun of the questioner is never a good way to sell something.
(Also, might want to hit spell check on the title of your for sale ad of your brand new used bike. [thumbsup] When you delete this thread and start over)
My advice. Take it or leave it.

·
Registered
881 Posts
toolfan said:
So, just some friendly advice,
advertising a brand new used never been registered bike with low miles is going to beg a few questions...
responding to those questions by making fun of the questioner is never a good way to sell something.
(Also, might want to hit spell check on the title of your for sale ad of your brand new used bike. [thumbsup] When you delete this thread and start over)
My advice. Take it or leave it.
+1

But he does work at a law firm, so I guess that means he doesn’t really have to treat people with respect. How dare you ask that waste his valuable law firm time

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I don't know why anybody would be asking questions. There's no such thing as Ducati scams out there. Everybody who lists a Duc is on the up and up. And, come on, he's a lawyer. Have you ever heard of a lawyer bending someone over?

Try not to be so defensive...

and 11k isn't a lot of money, you don't have to be a lawyer to buy a 999, boy wonder could probably come up with it if he really wanted the bike.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can vouch for this bike and I did the graphics kit on it and a full kit on the Yellow one. When he took if for the 600 mile tune-up they did everything and ALSO changed all fluids not normally part of that tune up.

Anyways this is a beautiful bike with a few extras and is very clean with no issues. He also added a new clutch and open clutch cover so you can hear that sweet Ducati sound [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
I'd love the 999 but price has to come down $1,500 'cause of all those freakin ugly stickers

·
Registered
75 Posts
"But he does work at a law firm, so I guess that means he doesn't really have to treat people with respect. How dare you ask that waste his valuable law firm time"

I agree with Green B. Having been in retail for many years lawyers have a tendency to behave in this manner. This bike is only "legally new". It has 800 miles on it, has sat a long time, and has had unclear 600 mile service. The seller is unkind to say the least in his/her postings. He does not even say he is a lawyer, only works for a law firm.

For a transaction to be pleasant and satisfying both parties need to have ethics. This is a standard of behavior that goes beyond what is just legal. With 1098's coming in at 15K this not even a good deal.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.