Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of used OEM rearsets about a year ago. The seller said the rearsets have only been used 600 miles and are in mint condition. I finally went to install them today (my original rearsets were just scratched) and it was obvious that previous owner laid over on them. The brake lever was bent so harshly that the rearset was dented. On the plus side, he did package them well..

I also just bought a kickstand with the same story from a different seller. The part was only used 600 miles and in mint condition. There is no possible way this was only used 600 miles. The kickstand was rusted, dented, and scratched numerous times.

What gives? Did the definition of "mint condition" change to "dented to all hell?"

[/end rant]

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have had great success purchaing used stuff but I always ask for pics and purchase using PayPal so I have recourse if there is a problem. I agree that "mint" is not what it used to be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had great success purchaing used stuff but I always ask for pics and purchase using PayPal so I have recourse if there is a problem. I agree that "mint" is not what it used to be.
does papypal cover things not bought from ebay? ie. stuff for forum members here?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts