Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just started today. I thought that I was having a hard time snicking the bike into neutral. I come to find out that it is in neutral but the light is just not on. The light works and I can get it to light if I get it in netural (no light) and push down lightly as if I wanted to shift into first but...it does not come on when it is in neutral unless I push toward first gear. It now has a veeeeery limited area when it will come on. It can be in neutral (no light) and if I put the side stand down, the bike "thinks" it is in gear and shuts off.

Has anyone else had this happen? I did a search but did not see it on the first page and did not want to sift through 8+ pages.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Remove it and see if the plunger moves freely. If you are lucky there is just some dirt on the plunger, if not you need a new switch. If the plunger does move freely it may be an adjustment problem. It is adjusted by the thickness of the crush washer under the switch. Oops! SR 1000? W_A_R_R_A_N_T_Y!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx, I was afraid of that...Sometimes simple is better...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.