Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the headlight circuit that could be .pdf to me, it would be very much appreciated,

Joe

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
wiring diagram

Joe, there is a wiring diagram in the owner's manual. It is small and not color coded and hard to read. But you are welcome to it. It is on page 128 of a .pdf file. I don't know how to attach a file to this message but I have tried. If there is not one attached here you can email me at [email protected] I will send you the file.
Ron Patterson

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I was in the same boat, I don't know how to save a single page out of the manual as it's own pdf. I did look at it and the circuit is more complex than you would think. Mostly due to the smart headlight feature that turns the headlight off to save the battery.

What are you trying to do / troubleshoot?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Alibaba, Thank you, I now have one, appreciate the offer!!!

Hello Tony, not sure yet but the problem may be solved. I was having an intermittent headlight error for a while and then it started blowing headlight fuses. My buddy and I took a deep look into the wiring and found some problems including uninsulated license plate light connections (previous owner aftermarket install), burnt but not burnt through wiring harness near the upper valve casing (there was a recall on this, obviously my bike was not dealt with by the previous owner) and a loose negative connection on the battery (under the charger installed by the previous owner). All fixed, hoping one of these was the culprit. Based on the wiring diagram I am leaning towards the first one since I did not realize that was in the circuit until after we taped them up and then got the diagram. Time will tell, the only thing left is the $5 relay , I think.......

Hoping the previous owner did not do any other "wiring" projects on my bike : )

If there is anything else you can think of that I should check I am interested, thanks!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts