Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
54 Posts
You might consider RKA.....

I've the small 8.5 and the larger 16L on my S2R 1000. They are expandable, stable, and of great quality. First rate folks.
The smaller bag is great for in town travels. The larger one I use for trips. Here are a couple of bad pix. Another benefit is you can keep the straps on your bike and quickly switch.


http://rka-luggage.com/pages/08tnkbag/tank.html
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
772 Posts
I have the DP tank bag which is built for the monster. It's a strap on type (for the plastic tank) and I've used it all year. It expands to twice its size and is waterproof with a map case on top. My only complaint is the straps rub against the finish of the tank and leave little marks for me to buff out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,149 Posts
i have a Joe Rocket Manta - sucks!
it's good for holding your wallet and such, but any jacket with pockets does a fine job
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
314 Posts
How do you guys ride with those huge tank bags? Seriously, I tried one on my bike at the dealer and it fills the entire space between your chest and arms. And yet the smaller ones seem a little impractical. I didn't purchase anything yet. I was just wondering if I got the big bag, would I feel like I was riding a motorcycle or a tank bag?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,105 Posts
okemos said:
How do you guys ride with those huge tank bags? Seriously, I tried one on my bike at the dealer and it fills the entire space between your chest and arms. And yet the smaller ones seem a little impractical. I didn't purchase anything yet. I was just wondering if I got the big bag, would I feel like I was riding a motorcycle or a tank bag?
Get one that's collapsible. Mine (Givi T419 Voyager: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/) expands from 25-42 liters.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
314 Posts
pompetta said:
Get one that's collapsible. Mine (Givi T419 Voyager: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/) expands from 25-42 liters.
Hey Pompetta, could you post a picture of that bag on your monster? And how does it collapse and stay collapsed -- a zipper? Or is there already a pic of your bike with that bag on this site so you can pm me with a link? I went to that site you suggested and it looks good to me, but I'd like to see one on a bike. Thanks for your post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
okemos said:
How do you guys ride with those huge tank bags? Seriously, I tried one on my bike at the dealer and it fills the entire space between your chest and arms. And yet the smaller ones seem a little impractical. I didn't purchase anything yet. I was just wondering if I got the big bag, would I feel like I was riding a motorcycle or a tank bag?
I don't think mine is that big, i have to lean way forward before my chest come in contact with it, it doesn't make a difference at all hanging off in the corners. also on a long haul if you pack it with clothes it makes a nice pillow to lay on for a while to give you back a break.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,105 Posts
okemos said:
Hey Pompetta, could you post a picture of that bag on your monster? And how does it collapse and stay collapsed -- a zipper? Or is there already a pic of your bike with that bag on this site so you can pm me with a link? I went to that site you suggested and it looks good to me, but I'd like to see one on a bike. Thanks for your post.
Yeah, a zipper is used to keep the bag collapsed. I don't have any pics of that bag on my Duc...two hours ago, I could have snapped a few pics, but not now. I have the bike suspended from my garage with the tank propped up (I removed the forks and lower triple).

Sorry.

Dave
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top