Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is a pic of my monster... I'm thinking of going with sil aluminum hi-mount round slip-ons and black cycle cat solo rearsets. Also, that stock rear 170 is going to give way to a 180 (decided against the 190).

Down the road, dual headlight conversion, steering damper, yoyodyne clutch slave, maybe a sargent seat and custom paint the tank.

But I'm contemplating this setup instead of the sil's, in aluminum... any opinions? The cans seem a little long for my hacked tail... I don't know...

http://www.indigosports.com/exhaust/ducati/products/duc_22_32174.html

·
Registered
584 Posts
Mag: You've seen my bike side-to. Our tail hacks are likely about the same and I've got the Sil high megaphone style. I good question to ask (perhaps Stuart) would be any length diff. between the round and megaphone style. You can see that the megs stick out a little further than the tail on my hacked bike.

CC solo rearsets?? Mmmmmm...
Dion

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Heres my opinion, the Sil high mounts look much better than the shotgun style. Oh ya and dont forget to sell me your stock pipe befor I go and make a mistake buying aftermarket cheapos. ;D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dion- yeah, our tail hacks are the same.. lockhart phillips flush mount V. Looks trim and neat... I have a simple billet plate holder underneath.

I think your megaphones look good sticking out beyond the tail as they do... it just looks right. It's due to the megaphone shape.

For cans it doesn't look right... to me, at least. I've seen a few bikes like that and it just seems off. The round Sils are short and look good with a chopped tail.

By the way, what do you think of that Road Racing engine cowl I stuck on there? It was alot of work getting that to fit right... but I like it.

What size is your rear tire? Seems wider than a 170...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Is that what that is? I like. Picture is showing up a little dark in that area on my monitor.

What I'm most jealous of are your superbike-style reservoirs. I'm still running those lame coffins.

Yep, it's a 170 (Dunlop 208), though I'll go with a 180 next time.
Dion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts