Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about some Marchesini 10-spoke magnesium wheels for my S4R, I cant decide on satin/flat black or gloss.

I think flat always looks a bit cooler and gloss is tougher to
keep looking good, any experience with either?

Thanks.
Jeff

S

·
0 Posts
if your bike wasn't already gloss black, i'd say go with the matte finish. but seeing as how your tank & bikini fairing are glossy, i think matte wheels would look "funny".

R

·
0 Posts
Which ever way you go, you should send those old wheels to me for safe keeping. I can use a second set of rimms for track rubber.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Jeff,
I probably have a different view to most.

But think of it this way, What's easier to clean when it comes to walls inside the house?

A Flat Satin/matt finish??
or
A smooth Hi Gloss Finish??

I think everyone will agree that the smooth Hi Gloss finish is the easier to clean. Even if you get a matt finish clean it still leaves a halo effect where the stain was.

With that my preference is a Gloss Finish.

I have white wheels with a 2K Teflon Impregnated clear over the white, nice & glossy, yea the brake dust & Chain fling build up quick, but with the teflon coating, it litterally just wipes off & they look like new again.

You can pull into a gas station grab a piece or paper hand towel & literally just wipe the grease & brake dust off.

Something to consider!

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
I would go with the gloss. Easy to clean, and it will stand out on those nice shiny days!

By the way Jeff, do you happen to have the directions for your Pro-Italia kit that you could scan or fax to me? I'm going to chop my tail so when the kit comes, I can just put it on and ride ;) If not, that's cool.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Too bad you don't live here in Atlanta Finnster.....I have a $250 gift certificate for a pair of Marvic wheels you can have. The only catch is... it's only good at a local shop here.
Oh, Gloss black for sure. Easier to clean. Nice bling factor too! ;D

Lee

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I've got stock gloss black wheels on a couple of bikes and matte black Marchesinis on my Monster. Gloss may clean up easier, but you don't notice the brake dust on the matte wheels as easily.

Then again, once you drop that kind of dosh on a set of wheels, the tendency is to clean and polish them all the time anyway....

I may go gloss on my SS project though....

--Fillmore

1 - 11 of 11 Posts