Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking GP looking swing arms when I started this project Aprilia & Honda have some of the best looking swing arms in the paddock, But now I'd like a some feed back on if you think this will look good on a red 696 carbon Leo Vince cans black Rizoma bars & risers & evo tech tail tidy so far. The polish came out great but before I spend the time to mount this (it was an extra so the stock swing arm is still on the bike) Please no "to each his own crap" just let me know if ya think it will make the Duc look like a dumb ass stunta style bike or add a little class to the Duc. I'm real tempted to mount this thing just to see if I like it but maybe some one has done this already & if so I'd love to see it on a bike.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on now somebody must think this is a stupid post or a polished swing arm is so friggin stupid it's not worth comment.......Don't be afraid of hurting my feelings I can take it.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I've never been a big fan of polished frames on bikes. Plus nothing else on your bike is going to match that, unless you polish your cans or heat shields or something it just going to stick out like a sore thumb. IMO

·
Registered
173 Posts
Looks like you should have bought an Aprila or even better yet a Harley and then you could chrome the thing right out. On a 696... well if you were in the room I would slap you for even wrecking the extra one. :eek: Nuff said I think.

·
Registered
56 Posts
not my thing - but that is not the point. make it like you own it. if you start the process though - i would go all in - chrome the trellis frame, chrome the heat shields, chrome the tank, heck - chrome your helmet.

that - with the rest black - actually might not be too bad....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already own an Aprilia Tuono ! (the 696 is the GF bike) & I can't stand Harleys but my helmet is silver maybe close enough....Did you look at the Ape nothing on that bike is polished or chrome & I think it looks pretty good so I'm not convinced that if you have a polished swing arm everything else needs to match. I guess I'm in minority but I think the 696 swing arm just dosn't look as good as the rest of the bike I think even the 620 & 695 swing arms are better looking than the 696. Well if the responses keep coming like this Her swing arm is prolly gonna stay stock.
Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MonsterH I like that swing arm & it looks like you have black rear sets nice. Did you clear coat over the polish ? And how do you post such a large pic I'm only allowed 92 kb?

Drkmojo I haven't seen any other nakeds except the Aprilia that have the polished swing arm and you can be sure if the polish sw gets on the bike I'll post a pic.
Thanks & if your on duty in Afghanistan a thousands Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you like, then do! It can't be alone though. You'll have to polish or chrome something else to get that much needed balance. I think only then will it work. Good Luck

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for pic of the 93 that seals the deal ! I am going to mount it up as soon as I get the time & i will post up some pics.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the pics. The great thing is, you never know until you do it. I wouldn't have painted my canisters if I wouldn't have seen someone else do it first, then I thought it looked good so I did it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This 93 Ducati 900ss only has the swingarm polished and I wouldn't change anything on it. Looks pretty sweet IMO.

You are right, that is nice. Damn! Very, very cool bike. Who gets to ride that everyday? Be safe and even though I don't know you, you guys are in my thoughts daily.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts