Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on completely updating my website over the past couple of days and I was wondering if some of you wouldn't mind proof-reading the site. With all of the updates and images I am sure I have been making a mess and missing it. If anyone has a few minutes please let me know where the issues are.

Thank You
Liter

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/monster/Monster.htm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey you should put this picture of yourself on the website so we know what you look like. :p

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I would recommend a couple things...
- take off the 'under construction' pics....webpages are always under construction
-the page is a pretty long scroll from top to bottom, you may want to bust it up into several pages so it is easier to navigate. even better if you could read the whole page without scrolling
-try to keep the animated and flashy things to a minimum....they are cool the first time you see them, but they get annoying to the reader after awhile
-if you are worried about people taking your photos, you can add a code snippet that will prevent the right-click, and save.
http://www.cgiscript.net/site_javascripts_misc.htm
-i dig your photos...keep up the good work ;D

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
oh, yeah...elpato...
dont be a jerk.

i've got zero tolerance for bagging on the handicapped, and almost zero tolerance for bagging on somebody asking for help.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the input....I am making more changes now... ;)

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm using Internet Explorer and Safari. If you are using a different web browser, you may see things differently. Without being too picky, here are a few things that immediately popped out.

1) Be consistent with the way you use type throughout the site. For example, section headers "MOVIES and VIDEOS" and "HELPFUL PAGES AND VARIOUS OTHER LINKS" should have a consistent look.

Things to keep an eye on:
- Type size
- All caps
- Italic
- Underlines

2) Paragraphs: Decide if you want to align CENTER or LEFT. Be consistent in certain areas.

3) Some page layouts are narrow and long. Widen the table width so you don't have to scroll down too much.

4) Some picture borders aren't aligned with the pictures. Strange.

If you're interested in hand-coding HTML, check out www.webmonkey.com. Great resource for beginners and pros. Look under "Authoring" for some basic knowledge of HTML.

You're using Microsoft FrontPage, right? Knowing a little about HTML code will help a great deal when you're using these programs. You'll have far better control over how your site looks.

Good work!

·
Registered
5 Posts
oh, yeah...elpato...
dont be a jerk.

i've got zero tolerance for bagging on the handicapped, and almost zero tolerance for bagging on somebody asking for help.
Sorry you took it that way. I was poking fun at peeterpeeper. I actually do volunteer work for the military at an orphanage that has several mentally handicapped kids there. I would never make fun of people with special needs (peeterleaner excluded) I do apologize to you, but assure you, you took it out of context. :-[

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I dig the page, but I have to say, I'm not fond of b/w pics. You have a beautiful bike and it should be shown in the pics. That's my only hang up, which really deosn't matter, but I figured I'd voice my oponion. Life is all about color!

·
Registered
724 Posts
just wanted to let you know it's also linux friendly (at least in my Konqueror browser at an 1024x768 resolution) :)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My only suggestion is this: on the tail chop page, "I took standard masking tape and covered the area that I wanted to cut to prevent pealing of the paint or marring any other areas."

pealing is spelled peeling (i think!)
Otherwise, great page, lots of good info!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My only suggestion is this: on the tail chop page, "I took standard masking tape and covered the area that I wanted to cut to prevent pealing of the paint or marring any other areas."

pealing is spelled peeling (i think!)
Otherwise, great page, lots of good info!

DOAH!!!

Thanx ;D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what a lot of folks forget when building their sites is that there are quite a few people who still surf via *gasp!* dial-up! i'd suggest making your site a bit more band-width friendly by posting thumbnails of the pics with links to the larger versions. this way, people can click on the ones they're interested in without having to wait for others to load.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Strati...

I wanted to link and mention you and your site for all of your help but I couldn't get your site to work this weekend. Anyways, it looks like it works now....Mind if I throw you in it??

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yahoo webhosting's really flakey. if it wasn't so cheap, i'd consider switching but it drives me up a wall when i ping my site with no results.
to answer your question though, i'd be more than happy to have your site link mine. i'll return the favor on my links page as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts