Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I have an '04 620 in WA state. I'm a new rider/learning and put about 150 miles on it already.

I was referred to this site by a couple people and am actually looking for 2 things:

1) a silver seat cowl
2) the official repair manual (it looks like there's the original booklet plus a supplement, retail is over $200 so if anyone has a spare please let me know)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
About $5 or $6 and that is including shipping and handling for a cd with the workshop manual.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUCATI-MONSTE...es_Manuals_Litterature_ET&hash=item3a51ecb122

(My screen is showing a line break between the ? and the cdm= part of the address. Actually the address is continuous with no break.)

There are a number of people that can be located using a search engine on the web, mostly in Australia and U.K., that cell manuals on cds. I bought from this guy for my 695 and service was prompt and the manual on cd was as advertised.

I'm not completely sure, but I think the trick is that copyright laws in those two contries allow copies on cd to be made and sold for back-up purposes. Technically he can make and sell cd's only to people who already own a paper copy and want to use the cd as a back-up. There is some fine print to that effect someplace in the order form but be assured that he doesn't ask any questions.

Tommy T.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i saw those cds but i'm worried it's not official (exact copies of the booklet)....sort of like the hayne's manuals (my husband tells me the hayne's manuals are generic and leave out certain details).

if anyone can confirm the cds are exact copies of the offical ducati repair manual, then i'll give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
It certainly is not generic and it appears to be the manual and parts manual prepared for the use of authorized Ducati Service Centers. It's got a lot of Ducati logos and legal notifications. I've never seen the one actually in the Service depatment but this one is built around actual photos of the specific model.

Tommy T.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts