Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have pics of a rear michelin pilot power (dimensions 160/60/17) as i'm trying to decide which one (the other one is dunlop qualifier which i've seen) looks wider and cooler .

Thanks

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
The Pilots don't look as wide as other tires because of their triangular profile. My S2R came with Pilots and my buddy's S2R came with Pirelli's. His look wider. On the bright side, the triagular profile is what makes them seem to just fall into corners.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen this thread already but that's a 180 on a 5,5'' rim. So the qualifiers must be the wider looking tires ? I've seen both d208r and qualifier on two friends' 620 and they look at least 170.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Orfeas said:
I've seen this thread already but that's a 180 on a 5,5'' rim. So the qualifiers must be the wider looking tires ? I've seen both d208r and qualifier on two friends' 620 and they look at least 170.
I'm a little curious why you are so intent on getting the "wider looking tire." To me it seems like if it were that important for you, you'd just buy a wider rim. Especially since I seem to remember you saying you spend ~300-400 euro on tires anyways. But wider tires turn slower.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
buying a rim isn't cheap, at least not in Greece, and i mean lots of $$$$. Wider looking tire= better looking bike. I'm bored of watching the mean rear of my duc with the 2 exhausts and have a bicycle tire in there. Besides i wasn't going to spend 350-400 euros if it wasn't for my safety. If it was just a small hole, i would have left it that way (patched tire) but that hole was 2cm long.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
in the past...dunlops have tended to run a little wider than other brands.

you can prob fit a 170 to your wheel, or a 5.5" wheel with a 170 (180 is too big for the swingarm)
but the 160 is the right size for your bike. ;)

(sorry no pic. i could shoot a photo of a pilot power 180 on a 5.75" wheel...but that doesnt really help you. [cheeky])

1 - 7 of 7 Posts