Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone,

what could I do to get more power on my Monster 750 dark

I already have K&N, Arrow CF Hpipes, what should be by next step ?

thank you in advance for the help...

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
A 900 engine!You could get a smaller front or larger rare sprocket to add more torque but you will lose a bit of top speed.

·
Registered
555 Posts
hey Pato
have your flywheel lightened...engine will rev quicker, more engine braking . shouldnt cost more than $200.00

795 hi compression kit
cams
porting
should get you about 15 rear wheel hp

or
drop in a bigger engine (you would need the propeer computer as well).

or
trade up....could be the least expensive.

cheers

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Keep your 750 engine,add Fcr`s,Dyna coils,lighter flywheel,full exhaust system,ported heads with larger valves,high comp pistons,big bore kit........and so on.......list can be made long :) Only limitation is your wallet....... ;)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trade it for a 1000. Then, after a while, you'll be asking the same question. It's a hopeless cycle.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
after a while it come to a point we are all looking for more power,and afterall we are all human.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
My question is what are FCR's??
Fcr`s are Keihin flatslide carburettors,not vacuum operated so they act alot quicker and give you more torque and power. Really worth the money........Ca Cycleworks sells complete kits. Dynojet-kits doesnt give much power compared to a set of Keihin Fcr flatslide carbs :)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would it be worth it to me to take my fuel ingectors out and replacing them with FCR's?

I have an 01 M900ieS. The dealer told me that other than some carbon bits the S means its the same as an 02.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Hmmm....dont know about converting to carbs when you already have injection. Takes alot of fiddling with electrics and stuff i suppose. But if you get more power or not im not the right person to answer.........probably yes....??

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Would it be worth it to me to take my fuel ingectors out and replacing them with FCR's?

I have an 01 M900ieS. The dealer told me that other than some carbon bits the S means its the same as an 02.

Thanks
Nope, fuel injection is better for the most part. that would be a huge job too.
If that's what your dealer told you the 'S' means...be sure and check here first before you go by any of his advice. ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nope, fuel injection is better for the most part. that would be a huge job too.

How would you know? ;D

I think what he ment to say is that it would be a big job for me if he wanted it done on his bike.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
it seems to me that the switch to carbs from F.I. would be easier than the other way around... but I think the F.I. would be easier to live with. Is't it easier to re-program than re-jet?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FCR's. You'll feel it right away and keep the mods under control.
did some shopping here in Montreal, it goes for around 1200-1400$ cad... anyone has dyno results ?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
The cheapest way BY FAR to get more power is to trade your bike on a more powerful one. That's just the financial truth, if you do the math honestly.

Of course, there's a lot of fun in doing it in a more expensive way . . . that's why I'm trying to take weight off my S4 even though it STILL will be heavier than an Asian crotch rocket.

36 years of riding and modifying experience speaking here . . .

Jim G

1 - 18 of 18 Posts