Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 750 that I would like to rejet for better performance. Can anyone offer any suggestions of the best kit? I am thinking the Factory stage two. I have a set of Ferraci c/f slip on's and will put on a K&N with the open box.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2001 M750 as well. The bike also has an open airbox with no lid and silmoto pipes. The bike came with a DynoJet kit in it and it was a tad rich on the needle circuit IMO. I dropped the needle one clip and all was good, except that the pilot came out a tad lean...evidenced by some surging at steady throttle speeds during a <4000 rpm cruise.

FWIW, Dyno Jet kits DO NOT change the pilot jet and I also believe they dont change the float levels. I did not have Dyno Jet instructions when I received the bike. I could not get the pilot circuit right with richening out the fuel screws with the Dyno Jet kit. Stock pilot is a 40 btw.

Since the bike had 11,000 miles on it, I elected to replace the emulsion tubes (they were indeed a tad ovaled) and install a Factory Pro jet kit because it came with a larger pilot jet. I heard positive things about Factory Pro. I had some trouble getting the Factory Pro kit to jet as cleanly as the Dyno Jet, have had to change float levels 2 times after my initial attempt, but the pilot circuit is better. Factory Pro provides a 42.5 pilot as part of their kit. I still have the slightest of hesitation when shifting gears and getting back on the throttle under moderate to light heavy loads with the Factory Pro kit. I dont think I can get rid of this slightest of hesitation. Its probably not noticeable to most, but it wasnt present with the Dyno Jet kit.

If I had to do it again, I would probably have replaced the emulsion tubes, kept the Dyno Jet kit, not changed the float levels and simply ordered a 42.5 pilot. Feels like I wasted a $100 and several hours, probably closer to about a good day after all the tinkering, with the Factory Pro kit to me.

If you do get the Factory Pro kit, I would NOT change your float levels initially.

Either kit is probably fine, but you will need to get a larger pilot jet most certainly. Any Duc dealer could order you two jets for under $6.

Best of luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
xswimordiex said:
that looks good, but looking at the pictures only shows parts for one carb....i'd question the seller before you commit to it.
Your right, I didn't think of that.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
asphalteater said:
I have an 01 750 that I would like to rejet for better performance. Can anyone offer any suggestions of the best kit? I am thinking the Factory stage two. I have a set of Ferraci c/f slip on's and will put on a K&N with the open box.
It's Dynojet that offers the Stage 2 kit. Factory Pro offers a single kit with multiple sizes of jets, and is the one that I always recommend. It's just easier to get your bike tuned right with Factory Pro than with Dynojet.

You can get a new Factory Pro jet kit for $89 from California Cycleworks. Why mess with an unknown kit on eBay?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Scott. I like Chris at CA Cycleworks, he is a great guy.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Also, while you're in there, do the emulsion tubes. Chances are, your bike needs them anyway. It would suck to have to take it all apart and install them later.

One other thing that I heard, and someone else please confirm this, but the Factory Pro kit contains normal Mikuni jets, where the Dynojet kit contains Dynojet jets. This is important because, lets say you want to go up to the next size of jet, you can't just go to your local Yamaha guy or whatever and get a +1 Mikuni jet, you have to call Dynojet and pay a lot more. That's one more advantage to Factory Pro.

DS

·
Registered
276 Posts
Dynojet don't believe that the pilot jet affects anything but idle, while Factory believe that it does. Dynojet are wrong. ;D

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have an '01 M750 i rejetted last winter, with an open airbox, K&N filter and Supertrapp megs. I got my Factory Pro jet kit and emulsion tubes from Ca-Cycleworks. There are several different main jets to fine tune your bike in the Factory Pro kit. As a guide for installation, I used Scott Nelson's written tutorial (available on this site) and the Ducati Suite jetting pictoral found at http://www.ducatisuite.com/jetkit.html . Be prepared to tinker. You might not get the right settings for your bike on the first try. Spend some time searching here on the forum, too. There's a boatload of good rejetting threads. Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.