Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I taked photo of fuse (30A green) near battery, before winter I lost another which was located on the same position but above the cable as you can see on picture. Problem is at I cannot remember how many amps had other fuse that I've lost. Other photo is from manual book as you can see exactly on picture I writing about C and L fuses. Need to know how many have L. The other C is one i got 30A. Thanks for help in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Firstly, I don't own a 1200, So I could be wrong. Never seen 2 active main fuses on any Ducati I've worked on, well, actually, I have seen 2 fuses but one was a spare. Easy to check, just look into where fuse goes, the spare will not have any metal contacts inside where fuse plugs in.
If it is a spare, then obviously both are 30A.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure is another one because when I tried to disconnect cabel from battery then unfortunately the fuse flew out and I cannot take it back.. Tried also use magnetic.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I hope you mean the fuse 'fell out'? when disconnecting battery cable. Nothing short of gremlins would make a fuse 'fly' out.
Again, this could mean it's a spare, the metal contacts give extra grip to the fuse, if none, then it could fall out when pulling on cable. If you want to see what it should look like, just pull any fuse from fuse box, shine a torch into space, you should see bright copper (hopefully) metal contacts. Now repeat with one that's missing, if in fact a spare, it will be just black plastic.

Now, does the bike start and run without this fuse? have you checked? If it's an important running fuse, something will not work, either bike will not start or run I'm thinking.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Glad you got it fixed.:)
To assist others searching for solutions, any chance you could let us know how it was fixed,? I don't mind if my answer
was wrong, but it's good to let others know what it was.
cheers,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts