Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Monster 821
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just bought my 2018 821 and the first mod I chose to do was the evotech frame sliders. I got the left side on no problem, now on the right side I have the engine mount bolts out and cannot get the frame and engine aligned to install the new bolt with the frame slider. It’s off only ever so slightly but I cannot get the bolt in. Anyone have this problem or have any helpful tricks to align it? Thanks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Use a floor jack....loosen the frame bolts...put the rear in a paddock stand or have someone hold it...then crank the jack under the horizontal cylinder head...I used a block of wood to get a better position....once things are under load a lil bit more pressure will get it aligned

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Monster 821
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gave it a try, if anything it just moved the motor even further up and out of alignment

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sounds like its getting bound up....the issue Is that unless something is bent it should line up perfectly...and smoothly....what I would try would be to remove the other side bolt...get the problem bolt to go in and try again from the other side...if it still won't go... nearly remove the lower bolts and try again....it's a near perfect fit when you can get it all aligned and absolutely do not force it...using the jack on the kickstand is not going to relieve the stress which is why I said paddock stand or have someone support it holding it straight up...with everything loose and the bike vertical it should all fall into place...do not force it

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you can grab the frame and are able to pull it up the engine might drop enough to line up. Maybe have someone with you to keep the bike stabilized.

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Monster 821
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like its getting bound up....the issue Is that unless something is bent it should line up perfectly...and smoothly....what I would try would be to remove the other side bolt...get the problem bolt to go in and try again from the other side...if it still won't go... nearly remove the lower bolts and try again....it's a near perfect fit when you can get it all aligned and absolutely do not force it...using the jack on the kickstand is not going to relieve the stress which is why I said paddock stand or have someone support it holding it straight up...with everything loose and the bike vertical it should all fall into place...do not force it
Well that was fun. Had the wife hold the bike while I tried to jack it up and of course it ended up being dropped. Luckily the only damage was to the stock bar ends. I ended up ordering a rear stand and jacked it up myself and it worked perfectly! Thanks man!

·
Registered
420 Posts
It happens...dropped mine twice and had a kid bounce a softball off the tank...first scratch is the hardest...glad you got it sorted...hope your both able to laugh about it...cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts