Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me with a little problem, how do you get the outside star shaped looking cap off the clutch slave to replace the rings? I have been losing my clutch/fluid more frequently over the last month or so, and when I went riding on the weekend I noticed what I thought to be fluid on the ground. Can anyone help or suggestions welcome?

Also we have heard and checked out that apparently the 2001 Models were recalled for a problem similar to this, they drilled a hole in the inside of them for vacuum and then marked them with a white dot so you knew it had been fixed, well mine has the little hole in it but no white mark? Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks in advance for any feedback [thumbsup]

Cheers Egas

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Hi Egas!

The slave is suposedly a sealed unit but a really big allen key would do the job.

The hole was drilled to allow leaking fluid to escape as when there is no hole the leakage would cause the clutch leaver to go hard and you couldn`t change gear!

I hope this helps.

Oh go after market with a new slave. I have a MPL Tuning parts item. These can be rebuilt if you have the adaptor for tightening up your bearings in your head stock.

Rob

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
+1 on the MPL Tuning Clutch Slave.

Makes your clutch effort about 30% less...very noticeable, especially on commutes.....well, ok, if you have a weak left forearm like me....

·
Registered
476 Posts
+2 on the MPL Tuning Parts slave - heaps easier to use and simple to install.

Regards,

R_usty

·
Registered
972 Posts
I know yours is a later model than mine (97) but to get the slave piston out first you remove it from the bike 3bolts on mine, then you pump the clutch lever until the piston pops out you should see the 'o' ring, wriggle the piston and pull it out by hand and you should have the troublesome part in your hand, install new 'o' ring seat the piston back into the slave cylinder and use a 'G' clamp (gently) to ease it back into the housing.

Mmick (hope this helps)

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
DUCMONROB said:
The slave is suposedly a sealed unit but a really big allen key would do the job.

The hole was drilled to allow leaking fluid to escape as when there is no hole the leakage would cause the clutch leaver to go hard and you couldn`t change gear!

I hope this helps.

Oh go after market with a new slave. I have a MPL Tuning parts item. These can be rebuilt if you have the adaptor for tightening up your bearings in your head stock.

Rob
Rob is bang on the money with his post.
As for aftermaket slave cylinders... sky's the limit.
Evolusione
Vee Two
STM
etc
etc
etc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.