Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I cranked my 98 m750 this morning and rode to work with no worries. I get to work and notice I left my keys to open up the store. I got back on the bike and went to crank it and noticed nothing came on when i turned the key. No gauge cluster lights, no head light, no nothing. So my bike wont crank and I really don't want to leave it at work so any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
if theres an autoshop nearby like autozone ask them to charge it for you while u are at work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys..... where is the big main fuse located at and how can I tell if its blown. I checked the small ones this morning and they looked good.

It started on the first time this morning so i am sure the battery is charged but i have not checked the connections..... but will do when i get off.

Anything else anybody can think of that might have gone wrong would help.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
No gauge cluster lights, no head light, no nothing.
Yellow relay under seat cause that when broken.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Check for power at terminal 30 in the receptacle for the relay. If there is power at 30, jump 30 and 87. If the bike now powers up the main relay is bad.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Had same thing a few weeks ago. Started normally from cold, rode about 3 km, stopped 10 mins and zilch - 15 months old sealed battery. D e a d.

New one functioning perfectly BUT couldn't get a Yuasa so bought another Chinese generic. Damm thing looks awful identical to the old, diff label. I don't trust it.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
greenmonster said:
Yellow relay under seat cause that when broken.
100 to 1 this is the problem.

Wack the yellow relay with your knuckles solidly and try again.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
The bike should start without that fuse as long as the battery is strong enough, it protects the charging system. Then again, I suppose it is possible your battery lasted just long enough to get you there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts