Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Im intrested in reflashing my stock ECU on my 07 S4rs. I dont know if im just a moron or am not searching the right phrases but im not finding a damn thing on what i need or what is the best route. What i do know is my new to me Duc has an open airbox, k&n filter, full competition werks exhaust and stock ecu. It runs great above 3500rpm. I need the lower rpms to be smoother while hauling the wife around. Any help for a Ducati newb would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
594 Posts
You're in luck. It's a great year for easy tuning. I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for great power under 3500 rpm. They don't even really start waking up until 6000 or so.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I just installed the Bazzaz FI and AFM on my 07 S4RS. Still in the process of using the auto tune, but I’d be willing to share my trials and tribulations and maybe a map with the Bazzaz.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're in luck. It's a great year for easy tuning. I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for great power under 3500 rpm. They don't even really start waking up until 6000 or so.
Honestly im looking to clear up the off idle throttle response and lower RPM hesitation. It has the typical lugging and occasional intake pop if trying to use anything under 3500. Not really looking for a power increase that low, but better drivability. Im coming from Subaru tuning so i understand alot of this but never touched Ducati anything

·
Registered
594 Posts
Honestly im looking to clear up the off idle throttle response and lower RPM hesitation. It has the typical lugging and occasional intake pop if trying to use anything under 3500. Not really looking for a power increase that low, but better drivability. Im coming from Subaru tuning so i understand alot of this but never touched Ducati anything
I do understand that. While it may not be it's happy place, it should still be usable and comfortable. On top of getting the fueling right, little things like installing a decent throttle can make a world of difference. Then it should pull well with factory gearing or even slightly taller. GuzziDiag+Tuner pro are the best bang for the buck. (Both are free) Especially if you have some understanding of ECU tuning already. Most people just blindly seek out maps that they think will magically transform their bikes performance. While they may notice a few gains, much more is usually possible by working off what the bike originally came with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Appreciate your responses. Already a world of help more than majority of forums in the past LOL. Ill try to get at the sticker this weekend. I noticed some fuel seepage from the fuel pump wiring harness when i had the tank up the other day so looks like some new items to touch on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, Rather than start a new thread on a very similar topic, thought I would ask my question here. Let me know if this contravenes some informal forum rules...;)

But as this is my first foray into Ducati's, and it looks like i'm up for boots in rebuild of a m900ie, I figure I might do a few upgrades along the way.....all of them will impact the tune. Not interested in a std reflash, daughter board arrangement. Would rather (if possible) get into the tables and make the adjustments to the std ecu. Is this feasible with the ecu's used by Ducati? Or is there a tried and tested better option? TIA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts