Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a monster 797 2019 and have to replace the ignition because someone tried to rip it out. They ripped the connector along with it. So I am going to have to hard wire it, only problem is the wire color on 1 side of the connector don't match the wire on the other side of the connector. I need someone's help. I know one side has a 4 wire connector and 2 wire connector. The 2 I believe is black and brown and the 4 is grey orange red green. The other side is red/white red/yellow and so on. I just need to know grey connects to red/white, green to red. Much appreciated if someone could help me

·
Registered
223 Posts
Being how Ducati likes to leave certain things the same year after year, the 4 pin connector probably has two heavy gauge wires and two lighter gauge. It might be good to check with a voltmeter if you can't get a wiring diagram. Usually the fat solid red is coming straight from the battery/fuse block and should be hot at all times. Red and white is switched power. Smaller yellow is usually running lights and another smaller green or orange wire to power up the relays. With a voltmeter, on the switch itself you can turn the switch on and should have continuity between all 4 pins. Then turn the key to the "park" position you should have continuity between only 2 pins. Just powering the lights. Either way, a switch is a just a switch and if you're in a bind, The two fat wires should go together and the two thinner ones should go together. The other 2 pin might be the immobilizer antenna. I'd say find a photo, color coded wiring diagram, or something. You don't want to get that one wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked everywhere for a color coded wiring diagram but couldn't find one that detailed. This is a pretty rare situation so it doesn't surprise me. Most people just unplug the connector to remove the guage cluster. But I have done some process of elimination but I'm worried about shorting the dash then have to replace that the ECU ignition and keys. But from the dash there are 4 larger wires green, orange, brown, white and 2 thin wires black and yellow which I'm pretty sure they are the antenna. Then you have 4 large red/ white stripe, red/ green stripe, red, blue and 2 thin red/ yellow stripe and green with white. I might have a few colors but I'm sure you get the idea. I am going to try the volt meter or maybe just stop by the Ducati dealership and take a quick look at one of the showroom bikes. Thanks for the help though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts