Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got low mount termi's with aluminium brackets. The mounting was a little stressed on the stock rearsets (Termi's fitted by Frasers), but there is too much gap on the CycleCat rearsets. I could force the fit, but it would be flexing both the exhausts and rearset exhaust hangers.

Could I fit some of the strap-style exhaust mounts? Similar to the hi-mount system, I think. If so, where can I get the mounting straps? (I'm in Perth). I don't have the equipment to rebend the existing brackets without damaging them.

Any ideas would be much appreciated, I don't want the bike off the road for too long.

Thanks.

(and changing the rear brake line was the sh*t of a job I expected it to be :mad: I hate brake fluid)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll see if I can find a digital camera (mine had an incident 10m underwater and is no longer with us).

The current exhausts sit too wide of the bike, so I have almost a 20mm gap on one side between the exhaust hanger and the bracket plate.

The bracket plate unbolts from the CF, so I can try to bend it around, but it is also pretty sturdy, and will take some effort to bend. A 20mm spacer will look ugly.

N

·
0 Posts
Geoff, you could try contacting Chris Kelly at CA Cycleworks and ask him - I seem to remember that there was something differing with the cycle cat rear sets depending on hi or low mount... Other than that, pics would help!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've loosened all of the exhaust clamps and am getting closer, but still have to elongate the holes in the brackets to get them on. I really feel it shouldn't be this hard...

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
How did the clipons go?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's just as well Joe was there to gently explain which is my left hand and which is my right. I didn't listen, of course. It was only when I looked at the photo on the CycleCat site that I realised I was trying to put the right-hand clip-on (and I read off the packaging that it was the right-hand) on the left of the bike :)

Had a bit of a problem with the banjo bolts on the GP style master cylinders, but we rotated them up a bit (now have to bleed them if tying back the levers all day doesn't work). I also discovered that the bolt on the middle clamp of the top triple was half-way out and that I have some very wierd wiring additions behind the headlight (looks like a ceramic resistor package). Also, my instrument cluster has "show pony" written on it in white pen (it was Fraser's ex-demo, but...). All in all, an educational experience.

I've still got some work to do to put it back together, and also to get the exhausts on, but it's looking good - much more aggressive styling.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thats Ok Geoff....... things get confussing when you're looking at the bike from fron on [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

I can agree with the new look.... they look mint!

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
I knew all along, I was just being nice... Didn't you believe me Geoff?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, the packet said 'right-side', and as far as I was concerned I was on the right-side of the bike (from a certain point of view), and I thought I had some cogent arguments for why the 'cyclecat' logo would face forward, but... yes, you were right...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts