Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got low mount termi's with aluminium brackets. The mounting was a little stressed on the stock rearsets (Termi's fitted by Frasers), but there is too much gap on the CycleCat rearsets. I could force the fit, but it would be flexing both the exhausts and rearset exhaust hangers.

Could I fit some of the strap-style exhaust mounts? Similar to the hi-mount system, I think. If so, where can I get the mounting straps? (I'm in Perth). I don't have the equipment to rebend the existing brackets without damaging them.

Any ideas would be much appreciated, I don't want the bike off the road for too long.

Thanks.

PS: apologies for posting this in two forums (Hooligans Downunder), but I wanted to get the local parts knowledge there, plus the broader advice from here.

---- EDIT ----
I've put anti-sieze on all the bolts, but are there any that I should use loctite on?

·
Registered
688 Posts
I put on my cyclecat's after a spill where the flanges that are welded onto the exhaust pipes were bent. I eyeballed the flanges and bent them back into place with plyers, and then put the pipe on the exhaust and did a little pushing till I got it to match up with the cyclecat mount. I didn't try to fill the gap with one push, several pushes. I wouldn't bend the cyclecat stuff. I have low mount termis too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts