Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may remember, i has an ugly slide last month in which i had: bent shift lever, bent clutch lever, bent left foot peg, badly scratched handlebar tap, left termignoni exhaust, sidestand and left side of the front fork. I've replaced everything (i've even ordered some extra goodies >:D by the way).

What i can't figure out is if my left termignoni is bent in some way. I've measured both cans and found that the left one is closer to the tire for about 1cm. I can't remember if it was like that before (hadn't noticed it). I've tried moving both cans to achieve straightness but the problem still remains: 1cm of the left side.

Have you noticed anything similar to this (i'm not talking about height differences-that's common) or is it something bent? I've tried to bent the exhaust holder plate but it's so frikkin stiff that it won't move a bit so my guess is that's not the problem.

Maybe post some pics. Thank you all in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Maybe post some pics
Good idea. Much easier to suggest solutions then.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
The left Termi on my S4 was nearer to the tyre out of the box so i put some large 13mm washers on the 2 bolts between it and the support bracket.Now it is even .

jerry

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Loosen all the bolts and nuts on the exhaust system and it's brackets.

Push/pull/wiggle all parts into the desired position.

Tighten all nuts and bolts, beginning at the cylinders, and working toward the cans.

Usually that works, if not, you can figure out where it's going wrong and work on that.

<edited for speeling>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts