Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna change to Rizoma risers and bars but have some worries: 1. Will the cables be long enough to accomodate this set up? 2. Will the new width, rise and back sweep be uncomfortable? I want a higher set up but I'm worried about the different bend of the Rizoma bar.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I replaced my original risers with the rizomas but not the bars. No problems with the cables and it did improve my riding position. I'm 6' and it pushed me back, taking some pressure off my hands. Hope this is of some help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Really, The original bars were able to lock into the rizoma risers? It looked as if the conical bars are wider then OEM. At least on my 696. I would be interested in that set up!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced my original risers with the rizomas but not the bars. No problems with the cables and it did improve my riding position. I'm 6' and it pushed me back, taking some pressure off my hands. Hope this is of some help.
Thanks! I was thinking about your set up too, ie with the riser change only. I like the bar bend on the stock handle bar and was thinking of not changing it for the Rizoma bars. I'm thinking the bend on the Rizoma bars look too angled inwards to be as comfortable as stock.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Really, The original bars were able to lock into the rizoma risers? It looked as if the conical bars are wider then OEM. At least on my 696. I would be interested in that set up!
It worked for me. The rizomas are really nice and solid. I'm ashamed to say the hardest part was getting the original one off-I stripped an allen screw.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello - Im looking at the Rizoma bars/grips for my 696 - I have the "S" version with the littel fairing out front - any issue with it and the different bend on the Rizoma - and or crearing the tank on turn radius??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure about the 696 cos it comes with a thinner bar (22mm). I have heard about people who have done the Rizoma bar conversion without issues though. You might have to adjust the steering lock nuts to prevent controls from touching tank but that should be it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Rizoma risers have raised my riding position a little but was thinking about fitting the Rizoma bars for an even higher riding position. Anyone out there know if there will be any cable/brake hose issues? Or any issue for that matter.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I have the rizoma conical handle bars as well as the risers and I put it on without any issues. All you need is a dremel and patience. I'll post some pictures of my set up when I get a chance. I can say it did straighten my rising position making it way more comfortable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the rizoma conical handle bars as well as the risers and I put it on without any issues. All you need is a dremel and patience. I'll post some pictures of my set up when I get a chance. I can say it did straighten my rising position making it way more comfortable.
Thanks. I want a more upright riding position and will try your set up now that I know there are no major issues.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Really, and you didn't need longer cables? I've been thinking about adding both but figured I'd have to find longer cables to make it work. I'd really be interested in photos if you have them. Also are you on the 1100 or the 696?

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Here you go gentlemen. Not my best pics considering it was with my phone. But either way, there was no need for longer cables. You can always change them I suppose if you want more room to play but there is enough to get it working without further modifications. Let me know if I can help anymore.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Wow, guess that answer my question. Thanks, I'm going to go ahead and do it now that I know it works. BTW...carbon fiber tank cover looks great with the Pearl. I plan on getting that to go with my Orange tank.

It looks like you clear the tank with you bar ends now too?

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I'm glad I can help. The carbon fiber and orange would look sweet.
There's not much of a clearing as you may think. I would venture to say it's comperable to stock.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Do you happen to know how big the risers are 1 inch 1 1/2 inch? They have nothing on their website about how much rise you get.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Without a longer throttle cable I don't think the risers will work. The throttle position is different on the 1100. I e-mailed Jese Racing and they are working on something for the 1100. The bike in the pics is a 696, I believe.

·
Registered
88 Posts
How high are those risers Aespi??
They look like the 42mm ones to me,I ordered the 60mm set and the same handlebars.I can just cut them down if they are too high.
Thanks for the photos,they helped me to make up my mind.

I made up 2 x 30mm spacers to sit under the original risers along with 2 x 30mm longer bolts to raise the bars to see if it suited me before I ordered them.This made a huge difference even with the standard bars as i'm fairly tall (6'2"),the bike seems so much bigger to ride now and a lot more comfortable.It only cost $3.00 all up,so it's a really cheap mod,but not a very aesthetically pleasing one :) .
It will do till my Rizomas turn up next week anyway.
As an added bonus my crackers don't seem to get smashed by the tank now,and the seat is more comfortable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts