Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought 2003 Monster and I need a new tank. Was wondering which tanks will fit? Will a 750 or 900 tank fit or is it to big?

·
Registered
98 Posts
All of the injected tanks should be the same. As long as it's from a fuel injected tank, you are good to go. What's wrong with your current tank?

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
rwakeland said:
Just bought 2003 Monster and I need a new tank. Was wondering which tanks will fit? Will a 750 or 900 tank fit or is it to big?
I have a matte silver tank from a Ducati Monster 620ie. I believe it was from a 2003, but not sure. It was dented, so I had it repaired & repainted. I was going to swap it with my M1000S tank, but I got attached to the black color now. Let me know if you are interested.

+I also have a matte silver mudguard that is slight scuffed up that I can throw in for free.
+I have a spare set of stock mufflers from a M620ie. I think it could be from a 2006. The muffler has a small scrape, but I think it is on the side that is facing toward the bike, and you probably would not be able to see it.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i'm interested in the tank. it looks nice i like the matte silver. the one i have now is part of a custom paint job and is a little flashy for parking it in the city all the time. i don't use the faring so i still want to keep it as a set if i decide to sell the bike someday. or i may trade it. how much are you asking for the tank?

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
rwakeland said:
yeah i'm interested in the tank. it looks nice i like the matte silver. the one i have now is part of a custom paint job and is a little flashy for parking it in the city all the time. i don't use the faring so i still want to keep it as a set if i decide to sell the bike someday. or i may trade it. how much are you asking for the tank?
Yes, I love the matte silver color for the Monster the BEST! I bought this tank from ebay because I was planning on switching my Glossy Black Monster 1000s over eventually, but I have grown attached to the all black look now and can't seem to bring myself to do it.

You can have the tank & front mud guard both for $1,000. I just want to make back the money I spent on it.
The front mud guard was not fixed up yet, so it still has some scratches & blemishes on it.

I have photos:

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here's the tank i have now. bit flashy for me. let me know if your interested in a trade otherwise i'll have to wait to buy yours.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
rwakeland said:
here's the tank i have now. bit flashy for me. let me know if your interested in a trade otherwise i'll have to wait to buy yours.
Sorry, I'm not really interested in a trade because this was just a spare tank & front mud guard that I had. I was going to switch it with my black bike, but have grown too attached to the color now.

What time frame did you have in mind for buying the tank & mudguard?

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm thinking a month or more. so if you have a chance to sell it go ahead. i just dropped a lot of cash on the bike and cant afford it right now. was it a lot to get your tank painted and repaired?

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
rwakeland said:
I'm thinking a month or more. so if you have a chance to sell it go ahead. i just dropped a lot of cash on the bike and cant afford it right now. was it a lot to get your tank painted and repaired?
Yes, it was pretty expensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts