Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyboy know of a good place to order a swingarm stand?? Needs to ne a universal not spoll type. Best price I have found so far is $79.

Thanks,
Rhoades

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there Rhoads,
Before you put down your cash on an inexpensive stand... check into the Pit Bull. Just picked up mine from a local shop and couldn't be happier. It isn't as cheap as what you've found so far (mine came out to around $150.00), but it's amazingly sturdy and well-built. I think you'd like it!
Good luck -
Christian

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
pit bull stands are yummiliscious. they are the type of stands where someone's buying a bike from you, sees it in the corner and asks if the stand comes with the bike. "he!! no, i think it's time for you to leave now" is what comes out of your mouth.

;D chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would not waste your money on a cheap stand.

All you have to do is drop your bike once off the stand and the little bit of savings on a cheap stand is wasted.

The Pit Bulls are strong, solid and have resale value if you decide to sell your bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I fully endorse pit bull, they are great stands. I have found them used on ebay and on the Ducati index for around 100. Good luck and don't buy a bargin stand you will not be happy.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I've tried various varieties of rear-wheel stands... the el-cheepo version and I just got a Pit Bull...

the el-cheepo version I was always paranoid that I'd drop the bike. with the Pit Bull, it's easy as pie... the fulcrum is designed so that it does not take a lot of pressure to ramp the bike onto the stand. also, the distance to ramp the bike up is not as large as other stands, so it feels more secure. I've almost dropped the bike 3x on the other stand. someone else is borrowing my el-cheepo stand but I think I'll just let him keep it. I like my Pit Bull.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Could a guy make his own stand if he had the proper tools?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I am not the one who would be making it. I was wondering if I could have my brother who is a farmer build one for me.

·
Registered
735 Posts
You could make your own stand if you had a good design, a welder, and a pipe bender.

At $140 for a rock solid stand like the Pitbull, making your own just doesn't make sense. It would take several hours and we all know time is money.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Funny LOKI. I'll pass the joke on to my hick brother. I wouldn't think it would be so hard though to do. Plus in the winter it gives em something to do.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I purchased the front and rear stands for $100 from Handy Industries. Can't beat them.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
$100 total...

http://www.handyindustries.com/standpackages.asp

their front stands are the typical "bend to fit" deals. honestly, i rate their stands as better than LP-USA, but for a non-spooled bike, nothing comes close to the pit-bull stands. plus, i've seen bikes "fall out" of pit bull front stand (after vigorous kickstarting...) and it was no issue; didn't even notice until it was time to remove the tire warmers. different story with them pointy "bend to fit" stands. got to test it out back to back one cold winter day at willow when we were all kicking our very lightweight aprilia rs250s constantly.

i like the handy rear stand on the 300 pound aprilia RS250s, but still reach for the pit bull for "real" bikes.

:) chris

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi

"You could make your own stand if you had a good design, a welder, and a pipe bender. "

You dont need a pipe bender.

Here are my stands made to fit several bikes. the yellow one have adjustable height. And I have some different hooks and shafts but I need to make more.

http://w1.331.comhem.se/~u33113170/stand/

DVC Keld

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I got the Handys too. $100 for both. You specify whether you want universal or spool type arms. So far they work fine on the Monster.

I got the universal types hoping I could use them on all the bikes, but the HD exhaust systems are in the way (of the stand and every effin thing else) so I can't use them on the HDs.

Doc

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
... the Pit Bull rear stand is interchangeable b/t the spooled and non-spooled swingarms (just flip the support brackets around).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts