Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I have a perforated leather Firstgear Jacket...and looking for jacket for the summer months in north carolina. Any reviews? recommendations?

Thanks

Manh

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I've got a Joe Rocket Phoenix that does the trick on summer days. It's a one crash jacket but it's cheap, armored and better than a t-shirt!

Where are you in NC? Greensboro here.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool,

Fayetteville, here...

heading to the Ducs on the Blue ridge at the end of the month.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I'm gonna try to make up for the ride - trying to cancel some other plans to go. 'Other' plans were with my wife so we'll see how it works out! ;)

Hey, I saw on your profile something about windsurfing. What's up? I was into it years ago in California and still have some ancient gear. Is there anywhere to windsurf in NC?

·
Registered
206 Posts
i just picked up the Vanson Mesh jacket for myrtle beach bike week.

looks and feels bad-ass....

cheers!
steve

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this will be my first one...event held by usdesmo.com roommate informed me about it. A day ride along the blue ridge leaving from Mt. Airy, NC.

I just moved here from Delaware...windsurfed near Dewey Beach...plan to hit the Carolina shore or beaches this summer for some windsurfing. I hear people windsurf at Jordan Lake near Durham also.

Back to the subject at hand...Fieldsheer Mach2 or 3 seems like cool jackets for the price.

Manh

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
My wife just got the First Gear Mesh Tex 2

and it looks pretty good.Comes with a removable liner and looks like it will protect better than a Phoenix.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
I've got a JR Reactor, a step up from the phoenix with perf leather shoulders and arms. Also go the liner which really helps on cooler eve's. Son's got the same and survived his get off with little wear.

Can't make the duc's on the BR. too much else going on.

Any of you NC folks wanna meet in Charlotte and spend a day/weekend heading up to the BRP and Boone/Blowing Rock maybe Asheville? I know some great routes. Maybe weekend 5/15? Trying to find an open weekend and also get a date w/ my son to ride with me. He's a college student and working too.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
joe rocket reactor has mesh but also perforated leather on the arms along with armor. seems like a nice summer jacket but haven't worn one in the summer yet.

S

·
0 Posts
just asking for confirm of your experience JR jacket for hot weather-rode in t-shirt-got sunburnt plus i know its an invite to road rash-steve in nj-97 m900

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I used my Fieldsheer mesh titanium jacket and my Gierke motomesh pants yesterday, it was 90 degrees and I felt great! It was very cool, and I was well protected.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Oh, and I had on Gierke mesh gloves, with knuckle gaurds, padded fingers and palm, and they have little ventilation vents, they were great too! I think I was as cool as my husband in his t-shirt and MUCH better protected!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts