Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I bought my Duc with aftermarket cans already on it. My problem is that the previous owner has no clue what brand they are or whether they are slip-ons or a full system. Can anyone name these cans for me? just in front of where the can is attached to the pipes, the pipes are labeled:

T DUC MON 900 A SX (left)
T DUC MON 900 A DX (right)

S

·
0 Posts
i KNOW i've seen cans like those before, but can't place the brand... to determin if they're slip-ons or a full system, upload a pic of the bike showing the header. i'm guessing from the tubing diameter (eyeballing it) that they're slip-ons.

W

·
0 Posts
Is there a prize inolved? [smiley=idea.gif]

Those look like they are Leo Vinci, I have'em on my M900ie DARK but they are the low mount ovals.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I thought they look like Leo's too - I also have high-mounts - but mine have 'Leo Vince' stamped in the metal end. Also, there seem to be some minor differences in the metal end-caps and the way the pipe fits to the frame. Maybe an earlier model perhaps....

D

·
0 Posts
I have high mount Leo's, and the only have on e spring and they mount to the rearsets instead of under the seat.

my vote would be for ferracci's

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I have the same pipes and same situation. When I posted the same question a year or so ago the consensus was that they are DP. My indie wrench told me the same thing.
Doc

·
Registered
426 Posts
I agree with DOC DP pipes which were sold as GiaCoMoto before DP bought them out.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Those look like GiaCaMoto pipes sold through Ducati Performance. The mounting bracket matches as well. Here's a photo of the low mount version:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here's 3 pics of the underside of the bike:

please no comments on how dirty my bike is ... i'm a bit embarrassed. :-[

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hmmm.

S

·
0 Posts
Do they work ok? the pipes in question that is? And sound ok?
They seem to look fine, and are the rebuildable type. so if they get to loud just pop them apart and repack it! Could they be D&D? either way. Most If not all of FBF pipes are made By KERKER/Suppertrap. and lebeled either "FORZA" Or with the tri color FBF badge. I suggest Putting the Badge of your choice ;D Also Take the whole set head pipes and all to a chrome shop.... ASK them to simply polish the stainless steel(Dont chrome it)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The pipes are great!! I was just curious as to what they were because the previous owner really has no clue as he bought the bike with them already installed. They're pretty deep when i'm coasting at idle engine speed and they just get louder from there when i open the throttle. She turns lots of heads ;D

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
those are early DP made by GiaCaMoto high mount slip on's. FBF were termognoni's in the early days, then they contracted with Kerker/Supertrapp offering the "Forza" exhaust. Now FBF offers "Sil Motor" brand with FBF badges. DP pipes nowadays are either Termignoni for 4 valve and 1000DS, Remus for the 620-800. Termignoni can usualy be distinguished by the "burnt" (not polished) welds on the ends at the exit tips. Arrow, Leo and Termig all use similar width banding, GiaCaMoto and D&D are always a bit wider..

R

·
0 Posts
mine wouldn't. i don't even have a garage.
just a little shed big enough for the bike.
our landlord was "kind" enough to let me put one in.

hopefully next year when we buy our house, there will be a full size garage to let the monster sleep in.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Those cans are the same as i had on my M900 when i bought it last fall. They are called F1 Thunderball and are DP items. I sold mine cheap and bought a Silmotor header and Silmotor low mounted round carbon "silencers" and the sound is not comparable at all!!!!!! The Sil`s are just awesome.........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts