Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How often should I change the engine oil on my 09 696 prior to the engine being broken-in?

My bike has less then 100 miles on it ( 68 miles as of right now ). I've read that new motorcycles need to have their oil/ oil filter changed several times prior to the 1,000 mile mark to ensure that any metal flakes from the engine parts which are shed during the break-in period are cleared from the oil and engine. Is this true? If not should I just wait until the 600 mile servicing to have the oil changed? I know how to change the oil on a bike because I've done this on my old ninja 250r so performing this procedure would not be beyond my n00b skill sets. I just want to make sure I am not over doing it, flushing money down the toilet or potentially damaging the bike by changing oil to often.

PS -I've read the FAQ's on oil changes but its an old faq and does not address my concerns.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi

Bought the same bike last year and didn't change the oil until the 600 miles service (where they did) and everything was in perfect order.

I find it too much if you ask me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts