Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Welp...if it was an earlier model I wouldn't hesitate to blame it on the throttle...if it goes away without turning the bike on and off it's not the TPS...if it comes on when your overly aggressive with the throttle I'd start looking at the TPS again...on the early models you couldn't change engine modes with the error present...that was the definitive way to pin down the problem....next time the error comes on...try changing engine modes

If this is the first time your seeing the error code...it's also likely the rapid bike is confusing the lambda signal or ignoring it....not terribly familiar with how it deals with the lambda sensor but I thought there was a way to run it without needing them

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
When I posted about the code, that was the first time I saw it. I have had the bike for only about 1,000 miles. The code popped after 150 miles or so with the rapid bike. have not restarted the bike since the code originally popped up the other day and yet the code remains present just with key on, didn’t have to start the bike. With key on I was able to change riding modes. The bike appears to function properly which makes me believe it is sensing some variation secondary to the rapid bike. I have not yet had time to connect my pc to the rapid bike and ensure all the rapid bike software is up to date. The seller told me they did it prior to shipping, but it couldn’t hurt to check. I was under the impression that rapid bike had made software modifications to prevent adjustments below 3500 rpm and avoid the CEL. Maybe not so ironed out yet.

·
Registered
486 Posts
When I posted about the code, that was the first time I saw it. I have had the bike for only about 1,000 miles. The code popped after 150 miles or so with the rapid bike. have not restarted the bike since the code originally popped up the other day and yet the code remains present just with key on, didn’t have to start the bike. With key on I was able to change riding modes. The bike appears to function properly which makes me believe it is sensing some variation secondary to the rapid bike. I have not yet had time to connect my pc to the rapid bike and ensure all the rapid bike software is up to date. The seller told me they did it prior to shipping, but it couldn’t hurt to check. I was under the impression that rapid bike had made software modifications to prevent adjustments below 3500 rpm and avoid the CEL. Maybe not so ironed out yet.
I might recommend starting another post regarding the cel and give a bit history...it might get the attention of someone who has or had a similar issue...as it is now it's kinda buried in a tangent...but hooking up the rapid bike to a pc to verify everything is ok is a good place to start

21 - 26 of 26 Posts