Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so just finished installing a rapid bike on a 2018 monster 1200r. Also installed the MWR air filter at the same time. Everything is running great. Came back after 15 miles or so and found a spacer on the ground. I have gone back through everything mentally and physically and do not believe I took anything off that contained the spacer. However, my OCD will not let this rest. Does anyone recognize the part in the picture?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your rear exhaust hanger...

Thanks for the reply. That part sure is close, but I have not had my rear exhaust hanger on since I got the bike. I took the termis off and installed the short CW GP exhaust which does not use the rear hanger. Additionally, although it cannot be seen in the photos, the spacer has red paint powder inside the lip of the hole which seems to indicate it was installed against or rubbing against a painted part. This again confuses me because the only painted part I removed was the tank and there are no spacers on the tank.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess its possible that it was either under the seat just sitting there for 2-3 months from when I changed the exhaust and fell out today, or it has been sitting on the ground all that time I just happened to see it. Either option seems a stretch.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had the same thing happen with me after I changed my exhaust. I lost a small bolt from changing the plastics. It finally vibrated its way out when I revved the bike. My thought is you took something apart and it dropped without you noticing that you even needed the part.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the same thing happen with me after I changed my exhaust. I lost a small bolt from changing the plastics. It finally vibrated its way out when I revved the bike. My thought is you took something apart and it dropped without you noticing that you even needed the part.
Well, that is part of my thought. Was it something previously removed that has been sitting loose in the bike until I worked on it yesterday? I have only had the bike for a few months and it had nearly 10k on the clock when I got it, so there is a decent possibility that this was a previously removed part. I am just very picky about my machines.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Regarding your rapid bike, how is it holding up? Do you feel any difference in fueling/performance? Any better quick shift response?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Regarding your rapid bike, how is it holding up? Do you feel any difference in fueling/performance? Any better quick shift response?
Well, I did not install the quickshift, just the evo fueling module. It definitely improved the fueling. There is much les popping on deceleration, more power through the midrange, the engine can easily handle 48-50 mph in 4th where before it would lug at anything less than 60 mph in 4th. Overall it pulls harder from 4k rpms and up and has less of a flat spot in the middle of the range. however, on a short ride yesterday the check engine light came on. I am going to connect it to the PC later and make sure everything is updated, then contact rapidbike as I was under the impression they had rectified all of these issues. The bike had no check engine lights before the install and I have only ridden about 150 miles since the install and now have a light.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Read the error code on the sub menu before you turn off the bike...if it says "eng" try to change rider modes... Else report back what it says

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Regarding the Rapid Bike,... where on the bike did you put it ?? is there any space for it under the seat ??
There is not sufficient room under the seat of the 1200R. I had to place it on the left side of the airbox per the directions for this model. I tried other placements but to no avail. I have some ideas for the future for other locations but have not yet had time to work on that.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Read the error code on the sub menu before you turn off the bike...if it says "eng" try to change rider modes... Else report back what it says
I have not had time to ride again as I am currently working my 90 day notice at one job and working the new job as well. Getting too old for this. I will try this weekend to see what the code says. I take it you have some familiarity with the rapidbike?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have not had time to ride again as I am currently working my 90 day notice at one job and working the new job as well. Getting too old for this.
Sounds dreadful. I hope you like your work.

I like mine but even "just" 8 hours in 1 day is feeling burdensome these days.
Glad to be self employed and able to a small extent to regulate may work pace.
But it is feast or famine, so you better make hay when the sun shines. To mix metaphors. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have not had time to ride again as I am currently working my 90 day notice at one job and working the new job as well. Getting too old for this. I will try this weekend to see what the code says. I take it you have some familiarity with the rapidbike?
I've got experience in the Ducati gremlins...the rapid bike is pretty solid from what I've seen...the error code will point to the area that's acting up...it's when things start to overlap that becomes a pain...the throttle is known bugbear and if it's acting up in addition to another issue it can become a real frustrating event...chasing ghosts...it's of great importance to read the code in the moment

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've got experience in the Ducati gremlins...the rapid bike is pretty solid from what I've seen...the error code will point to the area that's acting up...it's when things start to overlap that becomes a pain...the throttle is known bugbear and if it's acting up in addition to another issue it can become a real frustrating event...chasing ghosts...it's of great importance to read the code in the moment
TBH I was unaware that the codes could be read without a scan tool. My other Ducs were not as advanced as this one so I will have to play around with the menus to figure it out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts