Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help here please. I've found only two references to this fairing in searching the web. Alledgedly it's made by FastCompany. A search of that name turns up a magazine and other stuff not related to motorcycles along with the two references I've found. I have sent an email to a fellow lister but as yet has not been answered.

My questions are, who made this fairing, is it still in production and if so where can I get one?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris. Unfortunately the MBD fairing is a little different and it's fiberglass. The one I'm inquiring about is carbon fiber. Plus it's a little wider and a little taller than the MBD.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I kind of like the stainless windscreen on the page from the link above. Anybody try something like that?

It might also stiffen up the fairing some.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Fast Company was a carbon fiber and fiber glass manufacturer out of S. or N. Carolina anyway they don't do that any more only draggin jeans.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fast Company was a carbon fiber and fiber glass manufacturer out of S. or N. Carolina

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nathan (03monster800) got one from ebay, might check with him and see if he has the person's info...maybe they have more. also he just crashed...maybe its fixable and you could buy his??

BTW, you forgot to mention that in addition to having a nice windscreen...that is the finest looking Monster you have ever seen!
Thanks Jeff. I'll check with Nathan for that info. BTW, that IS one of the finest looking Monsters I've seen. ;)

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I have one of the "FastCompany" fairing on my project bike. "FastCompany" was in Italy, but I'm pretty sure they went out of businesses back in late 90's.

It's probably not the best fairing available anyway. It mount into the headlight mounts screws. At speed it bounces up and down, and at night the headlight moves around enough that it's ignoring. :(

I having been planning on replacing mine with a newer style of having a stabilizing sub-frame made. I like the look of it, so i'll probably try a stabilizer.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
It's probably not the best fairing available anyway. It mount into the headlight mounts screws. At speed it bounces up and down, and at night the headlight moves around enough that it's ignoring. :(
Try removing the rubber bushings from the headlight mount.
Stops the bouncing, and she hasnt blown a headlight bulb yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts