Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so annoyed! I came home & decided to take pics of my bike for my friend who wanted to see it. I noticed a small dent on my tank while I was taking some closeup pics. I have no idea how it got there, because I only rode it back from dealer, and took it in to work for inspection. Other then that, it has been sitting in my garage for weeks while I was traveling and I live alone. Piss me off, because I have been babying this bike. Is it possible someone dented the tank when it was at the dealer? My bike is shiny black, and the details are very hard to notice as you can see in these pictures. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
truerider said:
Could be the work oa a Rogue Squirrel. :(

Seriously, that sucks.

Can you suction cup dents on a DUC? Does anyone know?

Best of Luck,
Yeah, I hope it's not a big deal to fix. The local Dealer Cross Country BMW says they have someone that comes in once a week to fix dents. The dent does not look too big or creased, so hopefully it won't be a big deal to fix!
:'(

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
What year is that? Plastic tank year? Is it a new model?

But heck yeah, the dent could have easily happened at the dealer. I've had that happen a few times.

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thumper said:
What year is that? Plastic tank year? Is it a new model?

But heck yeah, the dent could have easily happened at the dealer. I've had that happen a few times.

Tom
This is a new 2005 Monster 1000S. I'm thinking it could have happened at dealer, because I got it from Ferracci & they had it on the floor for a long time jammed inbetween other bikes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Upon taking delivery of my bike and riding it home I noticed a small dent on the top of my tank right below the gas cap. Mine is small enough that it sucks and pissed me off (first brand new vehicle ever), but I will live with it. Hopefully when I put stripes on the tank it does not bring it out more. That one looks alot worse than mine though and it is right on the crease area so it may be hard to fix. I have a plastic tank so they can still dent, but that tank has to be metal with a dent like that.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Consider it as a type of talisman to ward off any future dents.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
get a small suction cup and yank.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stik said:
Is it possible that it was caused by a small rock flying off the road?
I doubt it. The paint is not chipped at all. It seems like it might have been the handle of another bike! I tested my bars to see if they touch, and they don't. I suspect a bike fell into the tank when they were moving it!
:mad:

I guess it's too late to complain now!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts