Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my project bike(update With pics 5/26/07) The bike is on the road!AGAIN!

I started my winter project about a month early! I have just disassembled the 2000 M900Sie.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Started my project bike

Speedbag said:
So what's the plan?  :)
The plan is to put a 2000 M900ie engine in my 02 620ie. Upgrade the suspension a bit and play with some custom ideas for the exhaust, gauges and warning lights.

·
Registered
302 Posts

hmmmm, i love a good winter project but me thinks perhaps, simply riding the 900 would serve the same ends? are you just after a dark frame, and body work with the 900 goodies? was the 900 a salvage?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

ducrider45 said:
The plan is to put a 2000 M900ie engine in my 02 620ie. Upgrade the suspension a bit and play with some custom ideas for the exhaust, gauges and warning lights.
don't forget to keep one of those calipers/disks/MCs, for a brake upgrade as well. Awesome project. i really would love to put a 900 in my 750 frame.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

sennaster said:
don't forget to keep one of those calipers/disks/MCs, for a brake upgrade as well.  Awesome project.  i really would love to put a 900 in my 750 frame.
You know it! I did not give all of the details. Im going to post things when Im done >:D. Truth is, I have no idea what im doing. Im sure it will be an adventure!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

monarc said:
hmmmm, i love a good winter project but me thinks perhaps, simply riding the 900 would serve the same ends?  are you just after a dark frame, and body work with the 900 goodies?  was the 900 a salvage?   
I needed the new frame for the suspension upgrades that I plan on doing. I also hate the look of the arch on the older frames.

·
Registered
302 Posts

I needed the new frame for the suspension upgrades that I plan on doing. I also hate the look of the arch on the older frames.
that is as good a reason as i can think of [thumbsup]. this looks like a lot of fun, i did a dual disk and Master cylinder upgrade last winter, it makes a huge difference in braking (i only had rubber hoses before also) but i did slow down the steering some. bleeding the new brake lines was a real bear though, so heads up on that one any time you install completely new lines.

good luck, keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

No problem. I got a vacuum pump at Sears and fabricated a new/ larger catch can with valves. It turns that job in to a few seconds. with the right tools you can do amazing things. I thought about offering them on the board but the cans take me about 8 or 9 hours to make (each). I made it out of copper with brass fittings. I put the whole system into a vacuum, then pour the fluid in the reservoir and then open the valve on the catch can. job done in about 15 seconds. The set up take a few mins but you get the point.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts

hey I saw a 999 engine on ebay... ;D now that would be really fun, looks great austin, keep us updated [thumbsup]

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Thanks. Im selling off some of the parts that Im not going to need. Things are looking good to have it done by the end of march.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

ducrider45 said:
Thanks. Im selling off some of the parts that Im not going to need. Things are looking good to have it done by the end of march.
Well, its April 4th and I just got the engine in the frame.  :( I am still waiting for parts to show up. Cash has been an issue on this project as well. I spent it all going on snowboarding trips this winter.  [thumbsup]  [laugh] I will have some pictures of the bike up soon. I still need wheels, tires, rear shock and exhaust. Several parts need to go out for anodizing as well.

1 - 20 of 226 Posts