Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I put this in the right forum........but it was this or the General Monster one and well......these are "mods" to my bike ;D

So I've been slowly building yet another FZR400 hybrid. My parts came back from the powdercoaters so I thought I would share!

I can't say enough positive things about Mark's Powdercoating. They do the best powdercoating work I've ever seen hands down! [thumbsup]

Lily had to give me the go ahead to unwrap them..............which she did. [thumbsup]

More to come.........but I'm in no hurry on this one [thumbsup]

A little summary of this project: 1989 FZR400 frame, 2005 GSXR full front end, 2003 YZF600R swinger and 17" rear rim, 2003 YZF600R tank, motor, wiring, etc., bodywork will be TZ250. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
b'mill, parts are looking good , glad you have time & moni to make it happened
keep us posted & good luck

·
Registered
322 Posts
WOW!!! that is some really nice work. those pieces are gonna' look great when the bike is together. good stuff!

i've been thinking of having my swingarm done this winter. anybody know the 'average' cost for something like this? it is a 620 swingarm.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Love the FizZeR hybrids, loads of power and no weight. I actually had a '90/'93 hybrid over the summer and enjoyed wheeling around Los Angeles until I dumped it on the Hollywood Freeway. [clap] I would like to blame the setup, which was undoubtedly too high, but I have to take some responsibility too.

Please post pics of your progress!

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ATO Memphis said:
how is it that you install a dog on the bike again?

And i'm not sure how you got the dog powdercoated, but they did d**n good job making it look natural! [cheeky]
LOL! Yeah, they made it look like a real pitbull [laugh]

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nomadwarmachine said:
Love the FizZeR hybrids, loads of power and no weight. I actually had a '90/'93 hybrid over the summer and enjoyed wheeling around Los Angeles until I dumped it on the Hollywood Freeway. [clap] I would like to blame the setup, which was undoubtedly too high, but I have to take some responsibility too.

Please post pics of your progress!
This one had a '93 FZR6 motor in it when I picked it up, usually I start with a stock 400 and then go this route, but pics will be up for sure. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
al vento said:
this looks cool...can't wait to see more pics as it progresses!
Here is a pic of one I was building in a fairing test fit stage........this was an '88 FZR400 with an '01 YZF600R motor, '01 YZF600R frontend and tank, FZR600 Race Fairings, R6 Sharkskinz tail, FZR400RR 3TJ JDM swingarm and 17" rear rim. I had a lot in that one, powdercoating and polishing too.......haha, sold it when I got a sweet deal on my '03 R6 that I sold when I left TN.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
zarn02 said:
good stuff! [thumbsup]

what's your ETA for completion?
Not sure...........I could have it done in under 2-3 weeks if I order the rest of the little parts, but I'm in no hurry to spend the cash since the Duc comes in on Tuesday and I have a feeling my cash will be redirected [laugh]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.