Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please take a look at the pics of my duck.

I have only put up the pics so far, not much info.

I purchased the bike in Las Vegas on Dec 7th

Let me know what you think of the duck.

Page will get better in the future.

Smig

http://ducati.smigs-hose.com

G

·
nice... i'll say i'm jealous of the "pasta" in your headers. mmmm... fancy crossover!!
well done. any future mod plans?

so smig... what's the deal with the silicone hoses? gonna work something out to replace the gastly s4 radiator hoses?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yea! I'd spend a couple of bucks for red radiator hoses!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that is correct, a full termi system, nost just the slippers.

I will do some checking for a hose kit for S4's

I know they have a 916/748 kit, but I need them to confirm that it will fit on an S4.

I will keep you all posted.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Nice Bike!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
What kind of nose fairing do you have? And I have to say, I really like the gloss black. Nothing against all the "dark" owners, but I love the shine of glossy paint.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I like the Corse cutaway clutch-side case :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Nice ride like the exhaust.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
to all,

Thanks for all the kudos guys/gals. I am so excited to be back on a duck again.

Randy - Due to the circumstances around the purchase of the bike, I have not actually ridden it yet. I am just happy to know that she is sitting quietly in the garage and waiting patiently for me to take her for a ride.

You see I crashed my first ducati ten years ago and I crashed it the day that I was doing my last ride before winterization, My insurance had lapsed and I screwed myself. I am now 10 years wiser and married, so I will not screw this up again. Come to think of it, I think that I still have some photos of the crashed 900SP. I will dig those up and scan them and put them on my webpage. I still get a little melancholy when I see those pics. :'(

anyway, my plan is to have all my ducks in a row (please excuse the pun) by the time that the ride to DNA takes place.

Happy riding to all and to all a good year.

Smig aka duckdiggler

·
Registered
403 Posts
10 years wiser and you bought another ducati huh... just kidding.
Looks freaking great.
Can you tell me what bar setup you went with, I am having cyclecats installed on my S4 as we speak. (or write)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
10 years wiser and you bought another ducati huh... just kidding.
Looks freaking great.
Can you tell me what bar setup you went with, I am having cyclecats installed on my S4 as we speak. (or write)

Gator,

The only thing I know about the bars is what is on the reciepts for the bike. It is listed as a billet S4 adaptor that cost 75$ and the labor to install @ The duc dealer was an addiitonal 2 hundo for 3 hours of work.

this was a dealer install when the bike was purchased 5/9/02

I will be happy to take a few more pics for you, but don't know anything else about it. If anyone else can shed some light based on the pics provided, or if we need another angle, then let me know.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Gator,

Being as I know the previous owner, I believe the handle bars are from Pro Italia. More of a conventional setup, but very comfortable to ride. :)

On my S4, I have the Cycle Cat adapters with a set of clip-ons from MotoWheels (thanks guys!). I like that setup as well ;D

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Very Nice!

are you gonna chop the tail and throw some clip-ons on??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts