Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
looks great Hayze [thumbsup]

i got the same indicators on my bike. how'd you mount them up front?

Joe

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joe,

I removed the original hex key bolts that hold the faring in place on the bottom, near the original indicators. I put the indicators in their place. I slipped the original rubber spacers over the end of the indicators so that the faring would still be held in place. I was worried that the wind would push it down over the instruments at first... but this in not a problem so long as you replace the rubbers & do the little bolts on the faring up nice & tight.

Hayze

Attachments

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Just ordered the Track 1s from PJs - think it will help clean up the front. If I like them, will also buy a pair for the rear but on Mike's suggestion, only doing one set at a time.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Looking good boys, although I do wonder how effective those mirrors are? hmm - Chris

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The new mirrors are about as usefull as your standard sports bike.
Im use to that so its not a problem for me & they look a lot better than Micky Mouse ears. IMHO

Hayze

·
Registered
17 Posts
i like those mirrors monster_dorf what are they and where do I find them?

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Yep, most of the sponsors have them and mine are Rizoma Retro Reverse which I got from DesmoWorld in Germany together with a bar raiser (really really good) and Spark mid pipe (absolutely awesome).

http://www.desmorados.com/shop/cata...Csid=51890b89393802b1e98f2d103878f0f3&x=0&y=0

If you don't mind paying heaps more then they are also available right here in Australia from Casoli on:

http://www.casoli.com.au/ducati_monster/mirrors.html

They wouldn't fit my "standard" bar ends (tapered and at 32mm too fat) but EuroTwins machined down the ends to 28mm and they fit perfectly. Obviously Rizoma also make bar ends that just bolt on but I couldn't wait for more overseas deliveries.

Of note is that I reckon I can see more in them, than the originals as I don't have my arms/shoulders in the way, also they don't vibrate at all.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Hayze said:
Hi Joe,

I removed the original hex key bolts that hold the faring in place on the bottom, near the original indicators. I put the indicators in their place. I slipped the original rubber spacers over the end of the indicators so that the faring would still be held in place. I was worried that the wind would push it down over the instruments at first... but this in not a problem so long as you replace the rubbers & do the little bolts on the faring up nice & tight.

Hayze
Just replaced the front oem indicators with the Track 1s - but didn't use the rubber spacers. Am I missing something because it didn't appear that it needed anything beyond the supplied washer & nut? Looks very different (so much smaller) and will post before and after pictures in the next day or two. Functionally, I would guess the Rizoma's are about 5x as bright as the OEM, so +1 for that.

Also installed Rizoma Radial Naked Mirrors and they are awesome - no vibration whatsoever and I think they look great. (it's a personal taste thing of course) but in terms of function, they are terrific.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mate the signal indicators look great; i like the rear end look, thats my next mod. Not so sure about the mirrors I will keep looking around. Cheers

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Funny cause I'm feeling exactly the opposite - still a little unsure about the signal indicators but I'm thrilled with the mirrors. Perhaps its more in how the mirrors function then anything else. Rock steady (read NO vibration) with excellent field of view. It's a bit strange but since the Radical Nakeds are lower profile, I feel like I have an unobstructed view looking down the road - though I never really thought about it with the OEMs on the bike - but none the less it's a clearer view of the road. Very interesting how things "feel" different once you start making small changes. I've enclosed a link to the "shop" where I bought the mods - PJ (Mike) will be of great help. Good luck and keep us posted. Don't think you could go wrong with any of the Rizoma mirrors.

Cheers,
Stuart

http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=59_52

1 - 14 of 14 Posts