Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the service booked for Nov 28th. I don't know if anyone else has had their 7500 miler done yet for a 695. To be honest, I'd like to do it myself but I'm not yet skilled enough on the Duck and I don't want to bust up any warranty-related stuff. Seacoast is doing the work as the guys there are great and they provide a lot of feedback. So, I expect to have things to report back in a couple weeks time! ;D

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
You're going all the way NH?!!? How much did they quote you for service?

How many miles ya gots? I'm at 5600 and counting, and I don't plan on bringing mine in until 9k or so. Prolly going to Goldcoast or Rockwell.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
goldenchild said:
You're going all the way NH?!!? How much did they quote you for service?

How many miles ya gots? I'm at 5600 and counting, and I don't plan on bringing mine in until 9k or so. Prolly going to Goldcoast or Rockwell.
I got a ballpark figure of $600-650. I bought the bike at Seacoast and will be in NH for Thanksgiving. But, logistics aren't the only reason. Everyone at Seacoast are top-notch, they know me and my bike and I know my bike will get the best treatment there. Lastly, it's a nice ride up there. Still some color on the trees, etc. Leave in the morning from NYC heading up 15N via 87N and in 1.5 hours you're in Hartford on one of the nicest roads around here to ride on. 2 lanes, no trucks, no buildings, rarely see cops, just trees and hills and twisties (and 1 tunnel too). [thumbsup] Another 2 hours and you're there. Most civilized, I dare say.

I've got 7523 miles as of this morning.

As a side note, I had my 600 miler done at Ducati NY. One of my clients was near there so it made sense logistically. They are very cool people but I didn't get the feeling I was getting the best deal. For me, taking a bike in for service shouldn't be a case of handing over the keys and your debit card. It's not a car. As a rider, I want to know all about what's going on, what's going to happen and how that will effect my ride. I've done all the work on my bikes myself, up to this point. I don't know enough about Ducks (yet!) to do it myself and I'm not going to muss up the warranty coverages. So, if I'm going to take advantage of the warranty and am obliged to use a dealership's services, I want to know that the money I'm parting with is going to the best people which, in turn, goes into the best treatment for my bike. No offense to Ducati NY, but if they are too busy working to test-ride the bikes they work on, they are that much further from the customer. I would have used Seacoast no matter, but felt the need to say that. ;)

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I shouldn't complain about the nice weather we're having. But, my M695 is in the shop getting its 7500 mile service and it's in the 60's today. I'm stuck without it till the weekend. Damn this good weather :'(

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: My M695's 7500 mile service booked (completed!)

I got my bike back yesterday from Seacoast. It needed 1 opening shim and I had them go 10wt in the forks. They also put in new plugs and air filter.

How does it perform? Well, I should start out by saying it has never sounded so amazing (I still have stock exhaust). It just purrs on idle. I revved it > 4k and thought I had a new bike -- had to double-check to make sure it was the same bike I left last week for the service! On the streets, it pulls like it never did before. It's much more responsive on and off the throttle. I rode about 300 miles Saturday and was feeling extremely happy about the results.

Going up a notch in the fork oil did the front up stiffen it up a bit and I was bottoming out a little too often before. I'll follow up on this when I've got more miles and a better feel on the front end. I'm 175lbs and often ride with a full tank bag so I'll see it this was a good idea or not, soon enough.

Now, for the big question everyone wants to know: How Much Did It Cost? $708. And, that included extras such as changing the fork oil (oil and labor) and installing an oil cooler I got off a crashed M900 (labor). So, I suspect I would have paid $600 without the extra hour or so of extra labor/fork oil. My recommendation is that if you are anywhere near Seacoast Sport Cycle in NH, they make a fine place to entrust your service to -- and pretty competitive pricing too. Considering how I was dreading shelling out the the big $$ for the 7500 mile service, I'd say it was worth every penny. My M695 was fantastic before, it's utterly amazing now.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I was giving my bike it's daily check this morning, I discovered that I had totally overlooked that the evap canister had been removed. This is cool! I'm going to remove the panels and hide the wires this winter to expose more of the frame. So, I now have less work to do. Thanks Charles [thumbsup]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts