Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say bye bye to my baby today for a minimum of two weeks. :'(

Has anyone else had any warranty problems with the valves and pistons on a 2003 620ie?

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
What happened?
How many miles?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well actually my roommate (bloodshot) also has a 2003 Monster, but his is an 800. So he actually noticed that mine was spitting an awful lot of oil out through the exhaust. It also has trouble starting once in a while. It only has about 1600 miles on it and I've already burned through 2 quarts of oil. When I originally talked to Munroe Motors about it, they said that it was normal for a Duc to burn some oil. But when I actually brought it by there so they could take a look, they said it looked like it was a valve and piston problem and the whole bike would have to be torn down.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Hello Bella Iam so sorry to hear this.
For a moment I thouhg that you were getting rid of your bike for ever.
I don't have any personal experience about valves and piston problems, but if you could be more specific about the problem you are having, I am sure that a lot of people here should be able to help you out.
One thing I know is that you should have at least 2 years

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, thanks. That sounds exactally like my problem.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
wow, that sucks... sorry to hear you'll be away from your bike because of this..

I think mine is fine.. my oil leaks from the base gasket.. and I have yet to take it in for warranty work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, she's gone. Just dropped her off. :'(

It was however nice to sign the work order with a zero balance. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts