Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been working on my basket case Monster for the past year, and now have it running and almost ready for the road. Last night I was trying to figure out how I wanted to mount the license plate, and noticed I had some scrap aluminium and a TIG welder sitting around, so this is what I came up with. Thought you all might like to see it. Not a work of art, but not bad for 20 minutes.

Matt in SF

Attachments

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
[thumbsup] [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Pretty darned good for 20 mins if you ask me!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since Sasquach was the previous owner, he took care of "antiquing" all the parts for me.

Matt

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
[thumbsup]

Can you make one for me too???

[cheeky]

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
looks nice. is that a 900?

keep an eye on it, i had my last aluminum plate bracket fatigue and crack and fall off cause i used to thin of a sheet.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Chop the tail! icky icky

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Im waiting for my integrated taillight to arrive so I decided to get rid of that hideous appendage they call a license plate hanger. I still have the beer tray but will chop soon.

In the meantime, I fabricated a plate hanger. Made a template out of cardboard then I bought a 4" x 10" piece of .064" aluminum. A utility knife with multiple scores gave me the best cuts. Bent the piece to the proper angle then drilled the holes. Looks great and its plenty strong.

I bought the materials to make CF pieces and made a plate hanger and heel guards for my 748. The aluminum was much quicker and came out better.

I also made a template to hold the plate after I chop the tail. Should be able to use the same piece.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts