W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Doug Perry and I am a Ducati-holic

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Welcome aboard! Good to have you around. Hoepfully we'll meet up this summer. 8)

-dj

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the intro fellas!

Well, to vear off topic a little bit...

What do you guys recommend gear wise for the Pac-Northwest?

I am lacking in the boots and pants department....the jacket is already taken care of (Vanson).

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the club!

Boots are a personal thing; I like my Oxtars. Get what fits.
www.newenough.com has some good reviews and prices.

I'm thinking about some GoreTex Dainese pants. My local dealer has some on sale for $150 size 54. Just remember if you are going to zip them together it's easier to stay with one brand.

·
Registered
70 Posts
What kind of protection do you get from those pants? I have some firstgear waterproofs with knee and hip padding, but they wouldn't stand up to a good scraping I would imagine.

Does everyone tend to wear leathers everyday in the summer?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What kind of protection do you get from those pants? I have some firstgear waterproofs with knee and hip padding, but they wouldn't stand up to a good scraping I would imagine.

Does everyone tend to wear leathers everyday in the summer?
Pant Features:
Breathable Cordura outer shell.
Three-layer waterproof Gore-Tex membrane.
Ballistic nylon reinforced knees.
CE approved Smart protectors.
Removable insulated liner.
Four oversize front pockets and three large internal pockets.
Embroidered logos.
Reflective piping for nighttime visibility.

It looks like these pants will help in the event of a skid, however, they do not replace a good set of leather pants.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gear... I wear a jacket and gloves all the time. buzzing around the city, jeans but always leather pants on rides.

I

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I tried on the Alpinestars and the Oxtar's last night at various shops....and I have to say the Oxtar's are much nicer fit for my foot.

I also tried on some helmets while I was there (Ride West BMW) and have to say the Arai Signet series was the best fit all around. It was a fantastic helmet. I am thinking I will have to pick myself up one this weekend. 8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts