Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cut, remove, powdercoat and..you have a ..$20 pair of rearsets...
I don't need the back pegs any longer since I have the MTS for pillion rides. I also don't have $500 or $600 for a shiny new billet set.
Looks real nice from further away, almost professional...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
way to go.....cheep ass.

you just put some starving Indonesian kid who makes rearsets out of business.....

no plate of slop for him tonight.

I hope you sleep well tonight :mad:

;D
Nice job!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bobspapa said:
way to go.....cheep ass.

you just put some starving Indonesian kid who makes rearsets out of business.....

no plate of slop for him tonight.

I hope you sleep well tonight :mad:

;D
Nice job!
it's not cause I don't want them, it's because I buy **** like this for my on going MTS project...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I lorv the mod motogpfan!! [thumbsup] Infact I like it so much I might just convert my monsta to a mono and do what you did! - Chris

ps, as for the starving kid ive sent him some travel credits so he can go to the US and beat on you...

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I made these plates to rearset stock footpegs some years ago:

Looked like this applied:

The reason was that I had low slip ons and needed the holder of them and still wanting better ground clearance.
Worked real well until I made my own rearsets.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
bigiain said:
Nice! That's what, about 3mm sheet Al? I assume that bottom one is flat? And that you used nuts behind them rather than tapping the Al sheet?

big
I used 3 mm stainless sheet metal on the upper plate and 5 mm s/s steel plates on the lower bracket.
The reason for choise of material was mainly because I hade those pieces laying around...
Upper plates where bolted with nuts behind and in the lower pates I made threads in the plate.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.